- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
- Application Deadline:
- Oct. 2, 2015
- Target Candidate:
- Current and aspiring schedulers and dispatchers
- Award Amount:
- Various. Review the training options below.
- Notification/Award Period:
- Announced at annual NBAA Schedulers & Dispatchers Conference
- U.S. Citizenship/Permanent
Resident Status Required?
- Other Requirements:
- 18 years old, application, essay, resume and two signed letters of recommendation
The NBAA Schedulers & Dispatchers Committee is dedicated to promoting education and training as a means for business aviation schedulers and dispatchers to enhance their careers. To support this position, NBAA offers current and aspiring schedulers and dispatchers the opportunity to receive training awards donated by the following education and training providers:
- Academy College
- Airline Dispatch Federation in conjunction with Flamingo Air Schools
- Beyond and Above Corporate Flight Attendant Training
- CornerStone Strategies LLC
- Corporate Aviation Solutions
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- FlightSafety International
- GA Food Safety Professionals
- King Schools, Inc.
- Medaire, Inc.
- NBAA Air Traffic Services
- Service Elements
- UnitedHealthcare Global
- Universal Weather and Aviation, Inc.
Scholarship recipients will be announced at the NBAA Schedulers & Dispatchers Conference (SD2016), to be held from January 19-22, 2016, in Tampa, FL. Schedulers & Dispatchers Training Scholarship awards will be redeemable under the conditions established by NBAA and its donors. Applicants are limited to receiving one award per person every other year. For example, recipients of the 2015 scholarship are not eligible to apply for the 2016 awards, but they will be eligible to apply again in subsequent years.
Scholarship recipients must complete all professional/educational training by March 2017, unless otherwise noted, or risk forfeit of the award. Recipients also are responsible for costs associated with the scholarship, such as travel and lodging expenses, unless otherwise noted.
Completed application package, which includes signed application form, one essay, one resume and two letters of recommendation, must be received by NBAA no later than 5 p.m. ET on Oct. 2, 2015, to be considered for the scholarship. All applicants will be notified of award outcomes by Dec. 1, 2015. See application for full details and award descriptions.
Direct all questions about this application to NBAA's Tyler Austin at (202) 783-9267 or firstname.lastname@example.org.