- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
- Application Deadline:
- Oct. 2, 2015
- Target Candidate:
- Current and aspiring schedulers and dispatchers
- Award Amount:
- Educational costs up to $10,000 for continuing scheduler/dispatcher education or training
- Notification/Award Period:
- Announced at annual NBAA Schedulers & Dispatchers Conference
- U.S. Citizenship/Permanent
Resident Status Required?
- Other Requirements:
- 18 years old, application, essay, resume and two signed letters of recommendation
The NBAA Schedulers & Dispatchers Committee is dedicated to promoting education and training as a means for individuals to increase the professionalism of their positions. To further this objective, NBAA created the Schedulers & Dispatchers Scholarship Fund in conjunction with several donors:
- Chevron USA, Inc.
- Jet Aviation
- Million Air
- Phillips 66
- Rockwell Collins
- Signature Flight Support
- Universal Weather and Aviation, Inc.
Scholarship recipients will be announced at the NBAA Schedulers & Dispatchers Conference (SDC2016), which will be held from Jan. 19 to 22, 2016, in Tampa, FL. Funds may be awarded for amounts up to $10,000 per applicant.
Schedulers & Dispatchers Scholarship awards will be redeemable under the conditions established by NBAA and its donors. Applicants are limited to receiving one award per person every other year. For example, recipients of the 2015 scholarship are not eligible to apply for the 2016 awards, but they will be eligible to apply again in subsequent years. Scholarship recipients must complete all professional/educational training by March 2018, or risk forfeit of the award.
A completed application package, which includes signed application form, one essay, one resume and two letters of recommendation, must be received by NBAA no later than 5 p.m. ET on Oct. 2, 2015, to be considered for the scholarship. All applicants will be notified of award outcomes by Dec. 1, 2015.
Direct all questions about this application to NBAA’s Tyler Austin at (202) 783-9267 or email@example.com.