- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
- Application Deadline:
- Feb. 28, 2017
- Target Candidate:
- Current or aspiring business aviation maintenance technicians.
- Award Amount:
- One of 54 courses donated by 19 education and training providers. Review the application.
- Notification/Award Period:
- Announced at annual NBAA Maintenance Management Conference.
- U.S. Citizenship/Permanent
Resident Status Required?
- Yes, or non-resident alien student in a part 147 school.
- Other Requirements:
- Completed application package, which consists of completed essay, resume and one signed letter of recommendation. Current students must also submit a transcript. A&P must also submit a copy of license.
The NBAA Maintenance Committee is dedicated to promoting technical education and training as a means for business aviation maintenance technicians to enhance their careers. To support this position, NBAA Charities offers current and aspiring maintenance technicians the opportunity to receive Maintenance Technical Reward and Career Scholarships (Maintenance TRACS). Military aviation personnel transitioning to business aviation are also eligible for this scholarship.
Maintenance TRACS aircraft, engine and avionics training awards are donated by:
- Abaris Training Resources, Inc.
- Alcoa, Inc.
- AeroTechna Solutions, LLC
- Bell Helicopter
- Bombardier Aerospace
- Dassault Falcon Jet Corp
- Duncan Aviation
- FlightSafety International
- Garmin Ltd.
- GE Aviation
- Global Jet Services, Inc.
- Gogo Business Aviation
- Gulfstream Aerospace TTT
- Honeywell, Inc.
- Maintenance Directors Roundtable
- Pioneer Aviation Management
- Rockwell Collins
- Rolls-Royce, Inc.
- Satcom Direct
- Textron Aviation
- University of Southern California, Viterbi School of Engineering
- Williams International
Additionally, several organizations have donated to the Maintenance TRACS travel fund to help offset travel and lodging expenses incurred by award recipients during training and they are listed above.
Please note: Recipients must use separate Travel Fund Application after a scholarship is awarded to apply for travel assistance.
Awards will be made to U.S. citizens or nonresident aliens on a student visa without regards to sex, race, religion or national origin.
Recipients will be announced at the NBAA Maintenance Management Conference, to be held May 2 - 4, 2017, in West Palm Beach, FL. Maintenance TRACS awards will be redeemable under the conditions established by NBAA and its donors, and applicants are limited to receiving one award per person every other year; i.e., recipients of the 2016 scholarship are not eligible to apply in 2017, but they will be eligible to apply again in 2018.
Recipients must complete all professional/educational training and redeem the award within one year from the date of announcement, unless otherwise noted, or risk forfeit of the award. Recipients are also responsible for costs associated with the scholarship, such as travel and lodging expenses, unless otherwise noted. Maintenance TRACS is one of several scholarship programs offered by NBAA to promote professional development and business aviation careers. For all NBAA scholarships, applicants are limited to receiving one award per person, per year. For more information, visit www.nbaa.org/scholarships.
Recipients have the ability to request travel assistance for their training award. Please fill out the travel fund request form and submit back to NBAA. Maintenance TRACS Travel Fund Application.
Applicant must be a U.S. citizen or nonresident alien student in Part 147 School. Completed application package, which consists of completed essay, resume and one signed letter of recommendation, and for students a copy of transcript and for A&P a copy of license, must be received by NBAA no later than Feb. 28, 2017, to be considered for the scholarship. See application for full details.
Please direct all questions about this application to NBAA's Tyler Austin at (202) 783-9267 or email@example.com.