- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
- Application Deadline:
- Nov. 30, 2015
- Target Candidate:
- Aviation professionals and students interested in attending the annual NBAA Leadership Conference for education about flight department management
- Award Amount:
- Complimentary Leadership Conference registration, plus $850 to cover related expense
- Notification/Award Period:
- Announced at annual NBAA Leadership Conference
- U.S. Citizenship/Permanent
Resident Status Required?
- Other Requirements:
- A completed scholarship applications consists of an application, current resume, essay, and one signed letter of recommendation
Through the generous donations of Member Companies, the NBAA Corporate Aviation Management Committee offers the Leadership Conference Scholarship to enable qualified business aviation professionals to attend NBAA’s Leadership Conference. The 2016 conference will be held on Feb. 22-24 in San Antonio, TX.
Attendance at the NBAA Leadership Conference promotes the professional development and leadership skills of individuals seeking careers in flight department management. Those who currently work in the business aviation industry or attend a university-level aviation program and who meet the requirements below are encouraged to apply. Applications will be reviewed and evaluated based upon the career planning and progress of the individual toward a career in business aviation.
This scholarship will be given by Jan. 31, 2016, and will be redeemable under the conditions established by NBAA and its donors. Each recipient will be granted up to $800 in funds to attend the 2016 NBAA Leadership Conference. Funds awarded may be used to cover registration, travel, lodging and/or other expenses associated with Leadership Conference attendance. Applicants are limited to receiving one award per person every other year; i.e., recipients of the 2015 scholarship are not eligible to apply for the 2016 awards, but they will be eligible again in subsequent years.
Applicant must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident. Completed application package, which includes application form, one essay, one resume and one letter of recommendation, must be received by NBAA no later than Nov. 30, 2015, to be considered for the scholarship. See application for full details.
NBAA scholarship applicants are limited to receiving one award per person, per year. Direct all questions about this application to NBAA's Tyler Austin at (202) 783-9267 or firstname.lastname@example.org.