- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
- Application Deadline:
- Nov. 30, 2016
- Target Candidate:
- Full-time undergraduate enrolled in aviation-related curricula at an NBAA/UAA member school; rising sophomore or higher standing, with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Award Amount:
- A minimum of $1,000 towards educational costs
- Notification/Award Period:
- Announced during the spring
- U.S. Citizenship/Permanent
Resident Status Required?
- Other Requirements:
- Completed application package, which consists of an essay, resume, official transcript and one signed letter of recommendation.
Through the UAA Janice K. Barden Aviation Scholarship, NBAA Charities annually awards a minimum of $1,000 to each of five undergraduates studying aviation-related curricula at NBAA and University Aviation Association (UAA) member institutions.
This scholarship is named for the late Janice K. Barden, who was active in the aviation community for decades and who served as chair of the NBAA Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition Local Committee eight times, more than any other person in NBAA history.
Scholarships will be awarded for the 2017 academic year, and checks will be made payable to the school. Awards will be made to U.S. citizens or permanent residents without regard to sex, race, religion or national origin. Scholarship recipients must use the funds by Dec. 31, 2017, or risk forfeit of the award.
Applicant must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident. A completed application package, which includes application form, one essay, one transcript, one resume and two letters of recommendation, must be received by NBAA Charities no later than November 30, 2016, to be considered for the scholarship. See application form for details.
For all NBAA Charities scholarships, applicants are limited to receiving one award per person, per year. Direct all questions about this application to NBAA's Tyler Austin at (202) 783-9267 or firstname.lastname@example.org.