- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
- Application Deadline:
- Nov. 30, 2016
- Target Candidate:
- Aviation managers who are also qualified CAM exam candidates in pursuit of their CAM certification.
- Award Amount:
- $1,225 to cover CAM application fee, CAM study guide, exam registration fee and Leadership conference registration.
- Notification/Award Period:
- Announced at annual NBAA Leadership Conference
- U.S. Citizenship/Permanent
Resident Status Required?
- Other Requirements:
- A completed scholarship application consists of an application, current resume, essay, and two signed letters of recommendation. NBAA must have applicants completed CAM application or applicant has the ability to submit the CAM application along with the scholarship application.
The family of the late Donald A. Baldwin Sr., in coordination with the NBAA Business Aviation Management Committee, established the Donald A. Baldwin Sr. Business Aviation Management Scholarship in 2007 to benefit individuals seeking to become NBAA Certified Aviation Managers (CAMs). The scholarship promotes professional development in business aviation by providing financial support for qualified CAM exam candidates.
Baldwin, an accomplished general aviation pilot and beloved father, was a member of NBAA’s Board of Directors from 1968 to 1971. He was recognized for his contributions to business aviation with the NBAA John P. "Jack" Doswell Award in 1992 and the Flight Safety Foundation Business Aviation Meritorious Service Award in 1991.
This scholarship will be awarded by February 2017, and will be redeemable under the conditions established by NBAA and the family of Donald A. Baldwin Sr. Funds for this scholarship will total $1,225 for one person and will cover the cost of the CAM application, CAM Study Guide and CAM exam registration fee. Funds also will be provided for recipients to register for the 2017 NBAA Leadership Conference. Recipients are responsible for other costs associated with the scholarship, such as travel and lodging expenses. NBAA scholarship applicants are limited to receiving one award per person, per year.
Applicants must be eligible to take the CAM exam within two years of the date of the scholarship award. They also must meet the minimum qualifications to take the CAM exam by submitting a completed CAM application to NBAA. Learn more about CAM requirements.
A completed application package, which includes application form, one essay, one resume and two letters of recommendation, must be received by NBAA no later than Nov. 30, 2016, to be considered for the scholarship. See application for full details.
Direct all questions about this application to NBAA's Tyler Austin at (202) 783-9267 or email@example.com.
You may also be interested in the following NBAA Charities scholarships:
- Certified Aviation Manager Scholarship, available to current Certified Aviation Managers (CAMs) seeking to renew their CAM credential and qualified CAM exam candidates wishing to pursue certification.
- Leadership Conference Scholarship, available to aviation professionals and students interested in attending the annual NBAA Leadership Conference.