- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
Building on the Project Bootstrap program, the NBAA Maintenance Committee has developed NextTech for NextGen, an industry-wide initiative to promote sweeping change in the aviation maintenance profession.
In the face of ongoing modernization of aircraft navigation, communications and surveillance equipment, maintenance technicians will need to be able to certify NextGen aircraft as both airworthy and fit for the mission.
- Create a new industry standard for those in the aviation maintenance profession
- Ensure relevant educational and training standards are in place to develop a qualified workforce
- Engage regulatory authorities to amend outdated regulations
- Promote business aviation maintenance to the next generation
The NextTech for NextGen white paper provides additional information about the background of the initiative. Read the NextTech for NextGen white paper (PDF).
ASTM International Standards Initiative
As a result of the NBAA Maintenance Committee's petition, standards developer ASTM International has formed committee F46. Composed of industry stakeholders from around the globe, including NBAA Maintenance Committee members and other representatives of NBAA Member Companies, F46 is working to develop new standards for the training and certification of aviation maintenance professionals that are in line with modern industry needs.
The ASTM credential will provide:
- Evolutionary growth of the maintenance profession
- Added value to the aviation business bottom line
- Increased performance in safety and quality
- Career direction and expansion
- Increased professionalism
For More Information
For more information on NextTech for NextGen, contact NBAA's Eli Cotti at firstname.lastname@example.org.