- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
Project Bootstrap was the precursor to NextTech for NextGen. For the latest on NBAA's efforts to ensure that the business aviation maintenance profession meets modern industry needs, read more about NextTech for NextGen.
Project Bootstratp was a proposed aviation maintenance technician certification program developed by the NBAA Maintenance Committee's Training/Advanced Education Subcommittee in collaboration with strategic partners throughout the aviation industry. The goal of Project Bootstrap, which has been carried over into the NextTech for NextGen initative, was to raise the educational and professional bar for aviation technicians through the creation of a new and higher certified category.
Project Bootstrap was intended to provide:
- Career direction
- Career expansion
- Evolutionary growth to the maintenance profession
- New stimulus at career entry point
- Educational growth opportunities
- Added value to aviation business bottom line
- Increased performance in safety and quality
- Increased earnings potential for maintenance professionals
Aviation Maintenance Technical Engineer (AMTE)
The new certification category proposed by Project Bootstrap was the aviation maintenance technical engineer (AMTE). The AMTE credential was envisioned to combine the A&P, IA and avionics skill sets with a required 10-year contiguous experience history composed of any combination of years of service in any rated capacity following the award of all certificates, licenses and ratings.
NBAA Project Bootstrap Strategic Partners
- Aircraft Maintenance Technology (AMT)
- American Electronics Association (AEA)
- Aviation Maintenance Society (AMS)
- Aviation Institute of Maintenance (AIM) Philadelphia, PA
- Aviation Technician Education Council (ATEC)
- National Air Transportation Association (NATA)
- National Center for Aviation Technician Training (NCATT)
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (ERAU)
- Helicopter Association International (HAI)
- Lufthansa Technique
- Professional Aviation Maintenance Association (PAMA)/SAE Institute
For More Information
For more information on Project Bootstrap or NextTech for NextGen, contact NBAA’s Eli Cotti at firstname.lastname@example.org.