- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
Updated March 7, 2017
The 2017 Masters Golf Tournament will be held in the Augusta, GA area the week of April 3-9. There will be no air traffic slot reservation requirements for any of the Augusta-area airports during the 2017 Masters Golf Tournament. Each area airport will handle advance notification requirements differently. These requirements are outlined below.
The FAA has released an air traffic procedures NOTAM, which contains specific operational details on required routings in and out of the Augusta area, planned traffic management initiatives, as well as other pertinent information.
In addition, FAA traffic management initiatives are likely during periods of peak demand. These initiatives may include reroutes, miles-in-trail, altitude restrictions, ground stops and ground delay programs. If a ground delay program is implemented, it will be airport specific and operators will receive an expected departure clearance time. The air traffic demand in conjunction with the airport arrival rate will determine the delay assignment.
Airport Specific Notes and Requirements
Detailed information is available in the letter to aircraft operators that has been released by the four Augusta-area airports: Augusta Regional Airport (AGS), Aiken Municipal Airport (AIK), Daniel Field Airport (DNL) and Tomson-McDuffie County Airport (HQU).
Pertinent operational information, which includes the advance notification requirements, is outlined below for each individual airport. All area airports have full service FBOs, which can accommodate operational and customer service needs.
Augusta Regional Airport at Bush Field (AGS)
- Augusta Airport will close Runway 8/26 and Taxiways “A” and “E” to accommodate additional aircraft parking.
- Due to the fluid operational nature of this event, no reservations or air slots will be required.
- Aircraft will be accommodated on a first-come, first-served basis. Once the ramp reaches capacity, a drop-and-go area will be activated to accommodate those aircraft that are dropping off passengers and immediately departing.
- John Wayne Air Calvary LLC will provide ramp control advisory services to manage aircraft operations in the non-movement areas.
- Operators are encouraged to call 706-798-2656 or email AGS_FBO_INFO@augustaga.gov operational requirements in advance if possible. View the Augusta Regional Airport website.
Aiken Municipal Airport (AIK)
- Parking reservations are recommended and can be obtained through Aiken Aviation at 803-648-7803 or via the Aiken Aviation website.
Daniel Field Airport (DNL)
- No advance reservations required.
- Flight operators are encouraged to review DNL FasTrak, an optional pre-registration system. View the Augusta Aviation website.
Thomson-McDuffie County Airport (HQU)
- Advance parking reservations are required for all turbine aircraft. Reservations can be obtained through Spirit Aviation at 706-595-1300 or via the Spirit Aviation website.
Ramp fees are expected at each airport during this event. Please contact the FBO to obtain specific ramp fee information.