- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
Updated February 19, 2016
The 2016 Masters Golf Tournament will be held in the Augusta, GA area the week of April 4 to 10.
There will be no FAA E-STMP air traffic slot reservation requirements for any of the Augusta-area airports during the 2016 Masters Golf Tournament. Each area airport will handle advance notification requirements differently. These requirements are outlined below.
The FAA has released an air traffic procedures NOTAM, which contains specific operational details on required routings in and out of the Augusta area, planned traffic management initiatives, as well as other pertinent information.
In addition, FAA traffic management initiatives are likely during periods of peak demand. These initiatives may include ground delay programs, collaborative trajectory options program (CTOP), ground stops and miles in trail. If a ground delay program or CTOP is implemented, it will be airport specific and flight operators will receive an expected departure clearance time. The air traffic demand in conjunction with the airport arrival rate will determine the delay assignment.
Airport Specific Notes and Requirements
Detailed information is available in the letter to aircraft operators that has been released by the four Augusta-area airports: Augusta Regional Airport (AGS), Aiken Municipal Airport (AIK), Daniel Field Airport (DNL) and Tomson-McDuffie County Airport (HQU).
Pertinent operational information, which includes the advance notification requirements, is outlined below for each individual airport. All area airports have full service FBOs, which can accommodate operational and customer service needs.
Augusta Regional Airport at Bush Field (AGS)
- Augusta Airport will close Runway 8/26 and Taxiways “A” and “E” to accommodate additional aircraft parking.
- Due to the fluid operational nature of this event, no reservations or air slots will be required.
- Aircraft will be accommodated on a “first come, first serve” basis. Once the ramp reaches capacity, a drop-and-go area will be activated to accommodate those aircraft that are dropping off passengers and immediately departing.
- Air Boss Consulting International will provide ramp control advisory services to manage aircraft operations in the non-movement areas.
Aiken Municipal (AIK)
- Parking reservations are recommended, and can be obtained through Aiken Aviation at (803) 648-7803), or via their website at www.aikenaviation.com.
Daniel Field (DNL)
- No advance reservations required.
Thomson-McDuffie County (HQU)
- Advance parking reservations are required for all turbine aircraft. Reservations can be obtained through Spirit Aviation at (706) 595-1300, or via their website at www.spirit-aviation.com.
Ramp fees are expected at each airport during this event. Please contact the FBO to obtain specific ramp fee information.