- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
NBAA Announces Inaugural Kern Professionalism Award Recipients
Washington, DC, Nov. 25, 2016 – The National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) has recognized 19 recipients of its inaugural Dr. Tony Kern Professionalism in Aviation Award, which honors individuals in the business aviation industry for outstanding professionalism and leadership in support of aviation safety.
The inaugural Kern Award winners are:
- Michael L. Baker, Pentastar Aviation, LLC
- Kevin T. Bostwick, West Star Aviation
- James Lee Bradshaw, Cox Enterprises
- Jon Brokamp, Duke Energy
- David Scott Crosby, The University of Texas System
- Steven J. Feldman, Boeing Executive Flight Operations
- Amanda Marie Ferraro, American Family Insurance
- Michael Higgins, Bechtel Corp
- Bernie Jager, Epps Aviation, Inc.
- Jason Karadimas, Bombardier
- Steve King, Cox Enterprises
- Rick Miller, Merck
- Michael Ott, Phoenix Air Group, Inc.
- Jeffrey Wade Perkins, The University of Texas System
- Frank Raymond, Vulcan, Inc
- Janet Schiebelhut, Bombardier
- Marc Alfred Sehrt, TC Equipment
- William Ashley Smith Jr., Jet Logistics, Inc.
- Richard Wenzel, Duke Energy
The award – created to honor Dr. Tony Kern, a cofounder of Convergent Performance, distinguished U.S. Air Force veteran and author of five books on human performance – recognizes individuals who excel in leadership in the following areas:
- Professional Ethics
- Vocational Excellence
- Continuous Improvement
- Professional Engagement
- Professional Image
“We are impressed by the number and caliber of the nominations that came in,” said Mark Larsen, NBAA senior manager of safety and flight operations. “These 19 men and women perfectly meet what Kern defined as ‘professional.’ These folks are doing their jobs with the utmost professionalism.”
The nominations were vetted by a panel of NBAA Safety Committee Professionalism Working Group members. NBAA will be accepting nominations for the 2017 awards starting in January. Learn more about the Dr. Tony Kern Professionalism in Aviation Award.
To learn more about the numerous scholarship opportunities offered by NBAA Charities, contact Tyler Austin, project manager of professional development, at (202) 783-9267 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.nbaa.org/scholarships.
Founded in 1947 and based in Washington, DC, the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) is the leading organization for companies that rely on general aviation aircraft to help make their businesses more efficient, productive and successful. The association represents more than 11,000 companies and provides more than 100 products and services to the business aviation community, including the NBAA Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition, the world's largest civil aviation trade show. Learn more about NBAA at www.nbaa.org.
Members of the media may receive NBAA press releases immediately via email. To subscribe to the NBAA press release email list, submit the online form.