- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
Board Members Honored for Years of Service by CAM Governing Board, Three New Directors Elected to Board
Contact: Dan Hubbard, (202) 783-9360, firstname.lastname@example.org
Las Vegas, NV, Oct. 22, 2013 – The National Business Aviation Association’s (NBAA’s) Certified Aviation Manager (CAM) Governing Board added three new directors, while honoring the service of several founding members, at its annual business meeting today during NBAA’s Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition (NBAA2013) in Las Vegas, NV.
The new members include: Craig Fitzsimmons, safety officer for Lookfar Aviation; Rick Mrkacek, senior pilot and maintenance manager at GROWMARK, Inc.; and Denise Wilson, president and founder of Desert Jet.
Rotating off the CAM Governing Board this term are three members who have served as directors since the CAM program was launched in 2003. At today’s meeting, the board honored these members for their many years of service:
• Thomas Carney, professor of aviation technology at Purdue University. Carney has more than 46 years of pilot experience, with more than 11,000 flight hours, and a doctorate in atmospheric science, and he also has been honored by Purdue for his teaching. He served as the Governing Board’s founding chairman and recently led the CAM program’s effort to earn accreditation from the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA).
• Kent Lovelace, chairman and professor, University of North Dakota (UND) Department of Aviation. Lovelace has been a professor at UND for more than 20 years, teaching flight instruction, instrument and private pilot courses, and leading the aviation department since 1994. He served on the CAM Governing Board’s Testing Committee and Bylaws & Standards Committee.
• Jack Stockmann, director aviation for W.J. Aviation. With 30 years of business aviation experience, Stockmann is a certified IS-BAO auditor and provides consulting services for corporate flight departments. He was the CAM Governing Board’s first vice chairman and served in that role from 2003 to 2011.
“Tom, Kent and Jack have had a profound impact on shaping the CAM program from the very beginning,” said Governing Board Chairman Scott Rose of PepsiCo. “For over 10 years they have guided the program, making the CAM a more robust, credible and valuable credential for the whole industry.”
Earlier this year, the CAM Governing Board held officer elections, and Fred Adams of Basin Electric Power Cooperative was reelected as vice chair. Rose continues to serve as chairman, and Mark Chaney of Coca-Cola Bottling Company continues as secretary and treasurer.
The CAM Governing Board is responsible for overseeing and maintaining NBAA's Certified Aviation Manager program. It seeks to identify professionals qualified for business aviation leadership.
The current membership of the CAM Governing Board includes:
• Fred Adams, Basin Electric Power Cooperative
• Brad Baker, Odyssey Marine Exploration
• Charles Booker, The Coca-Cola Company
• Jim Buchanan, AT&T
• Mark Chaney, Coca-Cola Bottling Company
• Elizabeth Clark, Women in Corporate Aviation International
• Jay Evans, NBAA
• Craig Fitzsimmons, Lookfar Aviation
• Rick Mrkacek, GROWMARK
• Kellie Rittenhouse, Hangar Aviation Management
• Blair Robson, ExxonMobil
• Scott Rose, PepsiCo
• MaryJo Smith, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
• Denise Wilson, Desert Jet
# # #
Founded in 1947 and based in Washington, DC, the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) is the leading organization for companies that rely on general aviation aircraft to help make their businesses more efficient, productive and successful. The Association represents more than 9,000 companies and provides more than 100 products and services to the business aviation community, including the NBAA Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition, the world's largest civil aviation trade show. Learn more about NBAA at www.nbaa.org.
Members of the media may receive NBAA Press Releases immediately via email. To subscribe to the NBAA Press Release email list, submit the online form.