- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
New ABACE2013 Symposium of Top Chinese Aviation Officials Will Focus on Growing Industry
Contact: Dan Hubbard, (202) 783-9360, email@example.com
Washington, DC, April 10, 2013 – A new symposium at the upcoming Asian Business Aviation Conference & Exhibition (ABACE2013) will address the needs and concerns for supporting business aviation operators in China and throughout the Asian region.
Organized by the Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC), the China Business Aviation Symposium will bring together top-level regional, national and international officials to discuss a wide range of matters, including the continuing development of China's emerging business aviation industry, regional and international policies affecting operations in the region, and the formation of strategic partnerships between established companies.
Scheduled speakers include (in scheduled order of appearance):
- Wu Nianzu, chairman, Shanghai Airport Authority Group
- Xia Xinghua, deputy administrator, CAAC
- Roberto Kobeh Gonzalez, president, ICAO
- Shi Boli, director general, Department of Transportation, CAAC
- Guan Dongyuan, senior vice president, Embraer, president, Embraer China
- Shen Zejiang, director general, China East Regional Administration, CAAC
- Li Derun, president, Shanghai Airport Authority
- Qu Jingwen, president, China Aviation Industry General Aircraft Company
- Zhao Qijiang, chairman, Capital Jet Company Co., Ltd.
- Xu Xin, Chairman, Deer Jet Co., Ltd. Gulfstream
NBAA President and CEO Ed Bolen, who will discuss global business aviation policies at the symposium, noted the significance of the CAAC's decision to host this inaugural event in conjunction with ABACE.
“We have always envisioned ABACE as not only a major industry trade event, but also as an important forum for discussion of the matters and policies that affect the region's emerging business aviation industry,” Bolen said. “We are delighted that CAAC officials have recognized ABACE2013 as the ideal venue to discuss these important topics.”
The symposium will take place on Tuesday, April 16 from 1:30 p.m. to 4:35 p.m. on the exhibit floor at ABACE2013 host venue Shanghai Hawker Pacific Business Aviation Centre, located on the Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport. Visit the ABACE website to register to attend ABACE2013.
# # #
Founded in 1947 and based in Washington, DC, the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) is the leading organization for companies that rely on general aviation aircraft to help make their businesses more efficient, productive and successful. The Association represents more than 9,000 companies and provides more than 100 products and services to the business aviation community, including the NBAA Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition, the world's largest civil aviation trade show. Learn more about NBAA at www.nbaa.org.
Members of the media may receive NBAA Press Releases immediately via email. To subscribe to the NBAA Press Release email list, submit the online form.