- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
Media Advisory: NBAA Business Aviation Regional Forum Comes to Teterboro, NJ
Contact: David Fishman, (212) 453-2115, cell (314) 368-3474, email@example.com
Washington, DC, June 1, 2012 – Opportunities to expand economic activity in the Northeastern U.S., thanks to business aviation at Teterboro Airport (TEB) and other area airports, will frame discussions at an upcoming National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) event.
Business aviation at Teterboro alone generates more than 15,000 jobs, $670 million in wages and $1.8 billion in economic activity each year – a fact that will be highlighted at NBAA's Business Aviation Regional Forum, to be held at the First Aviation facility at Teterboro Airport (TEB) on Thursday, June 7, 2012. The Forum expects to draw more than 1,500 attendees to hear updates from industry and government leaders including Ed Bolen, President and CEO, NBAA; Susan Baer, Director of Aviation, Port Authority of New York and New Jersey; Jim Simpson, Commissioner, New Jersey Department of Transportation; and Renee Span, Manager, Teterboro Airport.
Presentations will focus on the major challenges and opportunities facing business aviation both nationally and locally. NBAA's Bolen will present findings from a new report by NEXA Advisors in cooperation with the National Association of State Airport Officials (NASAO), entitled "Government Use of Aircraft: A Taxpayer Value Perspective," which explores the positive role that government aircraft play in driving economic development, improving government facility management and compliance, providing tax savings, and improving public safety, public health, and public security. Additionally, the Forum will feature a regional exhibition of the latest equipment and services for business aviation owners and operators.
Exhibit space will feature more than 130 exhibitors along with more than 30 aircraft on Static Display. The Forum will begin with breakfast from 7:30 – 9:00 a.m. and the exhibit areas and aircraft on Static Display will be open until 4:00 p.m.
What: NBAA Business Aviation Regional Forum at Teterboro Airport
When: Thursday, June 7, 2012, 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Keith Swirsky, GKG Law and Jay Mesinger, J. Mesinger Corporate Jet Sales, Inc. on how to successfully complete an aircraft transaction (9:30 – 10:15 a.m.)
- General Session: Ed Bolen, President and CEO, NBAA on the challenges and opportunities facing business aviation. Bolen will be joined by guest speakers including Susan Baer, Director of Aviation, Port Authority of New York and New Jersey; Jim Simpson, Commissioner, New Jersey Department of Transportation; and Renee Span, Manager, TEB Airport. (10:30 – 11:15 a.m.)
- James Walker, CB VATAmerica LLC with an update on VAT and other key tax policies and issues in Europe (11:30 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.)
- Jeff Buhl, Jeppesen on best practices for transitioning from paper to digital charts (12:45 – 1:30 p.m.)
- Daniel Tillotson, ARINC on the TCAS II pilot outreach program (2:00 – 2:45 p.m.)
- NBAA Air Traffic Management Specialists on the impact of traffic flow management on flight operations (3:00 – 4:00 p.m.)
Teterboro Airport (TEB)
Note: Media interested in attending must RSVP to David Fishman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full agenda: http://www.nbaa.org/events/forums/20120607/agenda/
Founded in 1947 and based in Washington, DC, the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) is the leading organization for companies that rely on general aviation aircraft to help make their businesses more efficient, productive and successful. The Association represents more than 8,000 companies and provides more than 100 products and services to the business aviation community, including the NBAA Annual Meeting & Convention, the world's largest civil aviation trade show. Learn more about NBAA at www.nbaa.org.
Members of the media may receive NBAA Press Releases immediately via e-mail. To subscribe to the NBAA Press Release email list, submit the online form at www.nbaa.org/news/pr/subscribe.