- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
NBAA Announces Recipients of 2012 Corporate Aviation Management Scholarship
Individuals Recognized at Leadership Conference This Week in San Diego
Contact: Dan Hubbard, (202) 783-9360, firstname.lastname@example.org
Washington, DC, February 22, 2012 – The National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) today announced the individuals who have been selected by the Association’s Corporate Aviation Management Committee as recipients of the 2012 NBAA Corporate Aviation Management Scholarship.
Each scholarship includes a value equivalent to $1,725 to cover expenses associated with attendance at NBAA’s 2012 Leadership Conference, taking place on February 22 and 23 in San Diego. The event provides world-class professional development with a focus on leadership to anyone working or seeking a career in the business aviation industry.
The Corporate Aviation Management Scholarship, now in its eighth year, is made possible thanks to the support of numerous donors: Aviation Personnel International, Aramco Associated Company, Bradley Pacific Aviation, Embraer Aircraft Corporation, ExcelAire Service LLC, Global Aerospace, Inc., Johnson Controls, Inc., MedAire, Inc., Pearl Professional Corporation, Phoenix Aviation Managers, Inc., Satcom Direct, The VanAllen Group and United Technologies. Representatives from each of these companies are present at this week's Leadership Conference to recognize the scholarship recipients.
The 2012 scholarship recipients are:
- Ryan Allex, senior, St. Cloud State University
- Donald Bernier, director of flight operations, Winner Aviation Corporation
- Alessandra Boardman, MBA student, Liberty University
- Casey Boatman, junior, Metropolitan State College of Denver
- Michael Borders, pilot, AvFuel Corporation
- Jill Drake, marketing specialist, Forward Street Marketing
- Armando Gonzalez, aircraft maintenance technician, Xerox Corporation
- Ross Hablinski, graduate student, University of Houston
- Daniel Harber, captain, Kansas City Life Insurance Company
- Miyukiko Kostelny, graduate student, University of Central Missouri
- Dekiyra Love, junior, Purdue University
- Jessica Miller, senior, St. Cloud State University
- Grady Montgomery, contract pilot
- Michael Mosensen, pilot, The Hershey Company
- Erik Neiderman, chief pilot, Desert Jet
- Nicholas Sanders, pilot, Desert Jet
- Kurt Stehling, pilot, United Technologies
- Steve Stombaugh, CAM, contract pilot
- David Thatcher, CAM, captain, Tenet Healthcare Corporation
For more information about NBAA's Corporate Aviation Management Committee, contact NBAA Director, Operations Jay Evans at email@example.com. Visit the Leadership Conference web site at www.nbaa.org/leadership.
NBAA offers several scholarships to promote professional development and business aviation careers. For more information about NBAA scholarships or to download application forms, visit www.nbaa.org/scholarships.
# # #
Founded in 1947 and based in Washington, DC, the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) is the leading organization for companies that rely on general aviation aircraft to help make their businesses more efficient, productive and successful. The Association represents more than 8,000 companies and provides more than 100 products and services to the business aviation community, including the NBAA Annual Meeting & Convention, the world's largest civil aviation trade show. Learn more about NBAA at www.nbaa.org.
Members of the media may receive NBAA Press Releases immediately via e-mail. To subscribe to the NBAA Press Release e-mail list, submit the online form at www.nbaa.org/news/pr/subscribe.