- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
Nominations Welcome for 2012 European Business Aviation Award
NBAA, EBAA accepting applications for the award presented at EBACE2012
Contacts: Dan Hubbard, (202) 783-9360, firstname.lastname@example.org
Washington, DC, January 24, 2012 – The National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) and European Business Aviation Association (EBAA), the co-organizers of the European Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition (EBACE), are calling for nominations for the 2012 European Business Aviation Award.
The award honors individuals and/or companies who have made a significant contribution to the advancement of business aviation in Europe, and is presented each year to one or more individuals and/or companies during EBACE, the only European exhibition focusing solely on business aviation.
EBACE brings together business leaders, government officials, manufacturers, flight department personnel and others from every aspect of business aviation in the European region. The exhibition will be held at Palexpo in Geneva, Switzerland and will take place on May 14, 15 & 16, 2012 – a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday Show this year.
The EBACE Award Committee will review and select appropriate award recipients based on nominations that must include:
- A letter introducing the nominee and explaining why he or she is proposed for the award. This document serves as the nominator's letter of reference. (Additional letters of reference from individuals other than the nominator are optional, and may assist the Award Committee in reaching a judgment).
- The nominee's professional biography and/or resume describing nominee's education, employment, accomplishments and honors.
- Any relevant supporting documents, including newspaper clippings, publications and articles related to the nomination.
Past recipients of the European Business Aviation Award include (titles were current at time of award presentation):
- 2011: Richard Gaona, President of Comlux the Aviation Group and Peter Lonergan, Airport Director at London Biggin Hill Airport
- 2010: Elie Zelouf, senior vice president of Jet Aviation, and Aéroports de Paris
- 2009: Marwan Khalek, CEO and co-founder of Gama Aviation Limited, and Aéroports de Lyon
- 2008: Mark Booth, chairman and CEO of NetJets Europe
- 2007: Judith Moreton, Bombardier Skyjet International, and Mark Wilson, British Business and General Aviation Association
- 2006: Geneva PALEXPO and Flight Safety International
- 2005: TAG Aviation and Cannes/Mandelieu Airport
- 2004: Jean-Francois Georges, Dassault Aviation, and Fernand Francois, European Business Aviation Association
- 2003: Ahid Quntar, Royal Wings/Arab Wings, and Andrew Walters, Regional Airports Ltd.
- 2002: Richard Gooding, London City Airport, and Jean-Pierre Jobin, Geneva International Airport
- 2001: Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen, LEGO, and Frederik Sørensen, Head of Unit, European Commission
Nominations for the 2012 award are due to EBACE's European Office by April 16 to the address and contact information below.
EBACE European Office
Attn: Gabriel Destremaut
Avenue de Tervuren, 13a - Box 5
1040 Brussels, Belgium
Tel: +32 2 766 00 73
Fax: +32 2 768 13 25
# # #
The European Business Aviation Association (EBAA) was founded in 1977 to defend the interests of business aviation. Today, more than 750 business aviation companies (direct members or members of associate organizations) rely on the EBAA to protect their business interests. It is the only voice to represent business aviation among the European institutions. For more information, visit www.ebaa.org.
Founded in 1947 and based in Washington, DC, the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) is the leading organization for companies that rely on general aviation aircraft to help make their businesses more efficient, productive and successful. The Association represents more than 8,000 companies and provides more than 100 products and services to the business aviation community, including the NBAA Annual Meeting & Convention, the world's largest civil aviation trade show. Learn more about NBAA at www.nbaa.org.
Members of the media may receive NBAA Press Releases immediately via e-mail. To subscribe to the NBAA Press Release e-mail list, submit the online form at www.nbaa.org/news/pr/subscribe.