- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
NBAA Announces Five Recipients of Barden Aviation Scholarship
Contacts: Dan Hubbard, (202) 783-9360, firstname.lastname@example.org
Washington, DC, October 19, 2011 – The National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) today announced that five college students studying aviation-related curricula at NBAA and University Aviation Association (UAA) member institutions have received the NBAA/UAA Janice K. Barden Aviation Scholarship.
The 2011 recipients are as follows:
- Elyse Hildebrandt, a junior majoring in aviation flight science at Western Michigan University. She is inspired in her career path by her grandfather, who served as a fighter pilot in World War II.
- Amber Lloyd, a junior at Purdue University majoring in professional flight technology with a minor in Japanese. She is planning a career as a professional pilot with a company that has an international presence.
- Nicole Maillet, a senior majoring in aviation management at Florida Institute of Technology, who gained a passion for aviation after taking a Young Eagles flight.
- Zachary Waller, a senior at the University of North Dakota majoring in unmanned aircraft. He has a private pilot’s license and has been involved with gathering research for the FAA by operating a CropCam.
- Charles Zera, a senior majoring in flight science at Western Michigan University. His love of flying began the day he took a flight in a Stearman after winning a radio-controlled aircraft competition.
In addition to the main awards, this year, the University of North Dakota Aerospace Foundation is matching the Barden scholarship for Zachary Waller.
This scholarship is named for Aviation Personnel International founder Janice K. Barden, who has been active in the aviation community for decades and has served many times as the Local Committee chair of NBAA's Annual Meeting & Convention.
Applications for the 2012 NBAA/UAA Janice K. Barden Aviation Scholarship were released earlier this year and are due to NBAA by November 1, 2011. For more information or to download the application, visit the official Barden scholarship web site.
To learn more about the extensive scholarship opportunities offered by the Association, contact NBAA's Jay Evans, director, operations, at (202) 783-9353 or email@example.com, or visit www.nbaa.org/scholarships.
# # #
Founded in 1947 and based in Washington, DC, the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) is the leading organization for companies that rely on general aviation aircraft to help make their businesses more efficient, productive and successful. The Association represents more than 8,000 companies and provides more than 100 products and services to the business aviation community, including the NBAA Annual Meeting & Convention, the world's largest civil aviation trade show. Learn more about NBAA at www.nbaa.org.
Members of the media may receive NBAA Press Releases immediately via e-mail. To subscribe to the NBAA Press Release e-mail list, submit the online form at www.nbaa.org/news/pr/subscribe.