- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
NBAA Announces Recipients of 2011 Flight Attendants/Flight Technicians Scholarships
Contact: Dan Hubbard, (202) 783-9360, firstname.lastname@example.org
Washington, DC, June 27, 2011 – The National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) have announced the recipients of the 2011 NBAA Flight Attendants/Flight Technicians Scholarship. Administered by NBAA's Flight Attendants Committee, this program was established to assist flight attendants and flight technicians in their role as crew members aboard business aircraft.
The Flight Attendants Committee recognized 39 scholarship recipients during the NBAA 16th Annual Flight Attendants/Flight Technicians Conference, which drew 189 business aviation professionals to San Diego, CA from June 16 to 18.
Scholarship recipients and award descriptions are listed below; any monetary awards will be used for professional development and training:
- Laurie Allen – AirCare Crews LLC, $500
- Cheryl Aloff – The Darden School at University of Virginia, executive education course
- Linda Broughton – Beyond & Above Corporate Flight Attendant Training
- Christina Carrillo – Corporate Air Parts
- Tina Doran – Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, professional development course
- Andrew Gajkowski – STARK Survival Training, two-day course
- Ronald Giannetti – Corporate Flight Attendant Training by Susan C. Friedenberg
- Trish Hamrick – FlightSafety International, general training
- Mark Harrington – MedAire Inc.
- Candace Helder – Culinary Institute of America, three-day program
- Holly Jaros – Jet Professionals, LLC, $1,500
- Anna Jones – ConocoPhillips, $1,500
- Pamela Komaniecki – Beyond & Above Corporate Flight Attendant Training
- Julie Kozma – Pelham Training, 14-day course
- Nicole Langill – Cornerstone Strategies LLC, professional development course
- Virginia Lippincott – ASI Group, corporate aviation security training
- Kyle Marsh – ACCESS Assistance, $500
- Cynthia Martinez – Corporate Flight Attendant Training by Susan C. Friedenberg
- Renee Mayer – FACTS emergency procedures training
- Starla McQuade – FlightSafety International, recurrent training
- Sylvia Mehnert – FlightSafety International, initial training
- Salena Migeot – STARK Survival Training, two-day course
- Carrie Moore – Corporate Air Parts
- Olivia Morgan – FACTS emergency procedures training
- Maria Morris – The Corporate School of Etiquette, aircraft service training
- Julie Neal – Beyond & Above Corporate Flight Attendant Training
- Denise Nelms – Corporate Air Parts
- Sandra Newman – MedAire Inc.
- Ciel Nugent-Turpin – Beyond & Above Corporate Flight Attendant Training
- Jennene Pasquarosa – Bombardier Aerospace, $1,500
- Annie Marie Pavilonis – Aramco Associated Company, $1,500
- Margie Peeples – MedAire Inc.
- Deborah Prosinski – Survival Systems USA, Inc., two-day course
- Tricia Scott – Dassault Falcon Jet, $500
- Kathryn Soler – MedAire Inc.
- Bridget Stoll – Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, professional development course
- Rebecca Tate – Survival Systems USA, two-day course
- Lanis Thate-Hembree – Beyond & Above Corporate Flight Attendant Training
- Marie Wicks – The Corporate School of Etiquette, advanced training
NBAA thanks the following sponsors that made the 2011 scholarship awards possible:
- ACCESS Assistance
- AirCare Crews, LLC
- Aramco Associated Company
- ASI Group
- Beyond and Above Corporate Flight Attendant Training
- Bombardier Aerospace
- Cornerstone Strategies LLC
- Corporate Air Parts
- Corporate Flight Attendant Training by Susan C. Friedenberg
- The Corporate School of Etiquette
- Culinary Institute of America
- The Darden School at the University of Virginia
- Dassault Falcon Jet
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- FlightSafety International
- Jet Professionals, LLC
- MedAire, Inc.
- Pelham Training
- STARK Survival Training
- Survival Systems USA, Inc.
For more information about the NBAA Flight Attendants Committee, visit www.nbaa.org/committees/fltatt.
NBAA offers several scholarships to promote professional development and business aviation careers. For more information, visit the NBAA web site at www.nbaa.org/scholarships.
# # #
Founded in 1947 and based in Washington, DC, the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) is the leading organization for companies that rely on general aviation aircraft to help make their businesses more efficient, productive and successful. The Association represents more than 8,000 companies and provides more than 100 products and services to the business aviation community, including the NBAA Annual Meeting & Convention, the world's largest civil aviation trade show. Learn more about NBAA at www.nbaa.org.
Members of the media may receive NBAA Press Releases immediately via e-mail. To subscribe to the NBAA Press Release e-mail list, submit the online form at www.nbaa.org/news/pr/subscribe.