- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
NBAA Recognizes Record Number of 30 New CAMs This Year
Orlando, FL, October 22, 2009 – During its 62nd Annual Meeting & Convention (NBAA2009) being held this week, the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) announced 30 individuals who successfully passed the Certified Aviation Manager (CAM) exam during the September 2008 through September 2009 period. Through the certification process, NBAA and the Certified Aviation Manager Governing Board seek to raise the level of professionalism and quality of management within flight departments.
The 30 new Certified Aviation Managers are:
- Bryan James Berkbigler, captain, Scott's Miracle Gro Co., Columbus, OH
- Gary Berkey, chief pilot, Biomet, Inc., Warsaw, IN
- James P. Brady, pilot, Executive Jet Management, Cincinnati, OH
- Christopher J. Burns, director of maintenance, Bristol-Myers Squibb Co, West Trenton, NJ
- Elizabeth Clark, pilot, Federal Express, Memphis, MS
- Jeff Dyrhaug, pilot, Churchill Industries, St. Paul, MN
- Robin Eissler, vice president, Jet Quest, Inc., Georgetown, TX
- Tim L. Giles, assistant chief pilot, The Williams Co., Tulsa, OK
- Duane Giorgetti, assistant chief pilot, Bombardier Flexjet, Richardson, TX
- Louis Greenspan, assistant chief pilot, PRIME Inc., Springfield, MO
- Martin Grier, senior manager, maintenance, Home Depot Aviation Dept., Atlanta, GA
- Larry Hastings, maintenance manager, PepsiCo, Inc., Addison, TX
- Steven Hull, manager, technical services, Eastman Kodak Co., Rochester, NY
- Christopher G. Lima, director, Eastman Kodak Co., Rochester, NY
- Joseph Lippert, maintenance technician, Nationwide Mutual Insurance Co., Columbus, OH
- Fred Medlock, president, Avworth Aviation Consulting, Inc., Florence, KY
- Scott Moore, chief pilot, Luck Stone Corporation, Richmond, VA
- Jeffrey Mroczenski, chief pilot, Kraft Foods Global, Inc., Milwaukee, WI
- Greg Panzarella, chief pilot, BEF Aviation, Inc., Columbus, OH
- Tim Peace, aviation department manager, Petebridge, LLC/Peterson Air, LLC, Louisville, KY
- Marc Pozdol, pilot, The Marmon Group, Inc., Western Springs, IL
- Michael Raab, aviation manager, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida Inc., Jacksonville, FL
- Stephen W. Ragland, pilot, PepsiCo, Inc., Addison, TX
- Jeff Reich, principal, Elevon Consulting, LLC, St. Louis, MO
- Timothy Soderstrom, pilot, The Boeing Co., Lake Bluff, IL
- Jamie Stember, chief pilot, CP Management LLC, Glen Burn, MD
- Randall S. Stroud, director of Northeast sales, Comlux Completion USA, LLC, Northville, MI
- Robert Telep, lead pilot, CCMP Capital Advisors, LLC, Oxford, CT
- David E. Thatcher, pilot, Tenet Healthcare Corp, Dallas, TX
- Michael R. Thompson, pilot, Genuine Parts Co., Atlanta, GA
NBAA congratulates these business aviation professionals on their achievement. These individuals have earned the official title of Certified Aviation Manager and may use that designation when officially listing their name. The CAM designation provides industry recognition of their achievement and knowledge in the following areas of business aviation: business management, leadership, operations, personnel management, and technical and facilities services.
To prepare for the CAM designation, the individuals met or exceeded minimum qualifications based upon experience, training and education. They completed both a formal application process and the CAM exam, which is offered throughout the year in conjunction with NBAA's Leadership Conference, Maintenance Management Conference and Annual Meeting & Convention.
The next CAM exam will be administered in November in a computer-based format.
# # #
Founded in 1947 and based in Washington, DC, the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) is the leading organization for companies that rely on general aviation aircraft to help make their businesses more efficient, productive and successful. The Association represents more than 8,000 companies and provides more than 100 products and services to the business aviation community, including the NBAA Annual Meeting & Convention, the world's largest civil aviation trade show. Learn more about NBAA at www.nbaa.org.
Members of the media may receive NBAA Press Releases immediately via e-mail. To subscribe to the NBAA Press Release e-mail list, submit the online form at www.nbaa.org/news/pr/subscribe.