- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
EBACE2008 Opens This Week in GenevaGreener Show to Feature More Exhibitors Than Ever Before
Contact: Dan Hubbard at (202) 783-9360 or firstname.lastname@example.org
GENEVA, SWITZERLAND, May 19, 2008 – The European Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition (EBACE2008) will take place in Geneva, Switzerland this week from May 20 to 22 at Geneva PALEXPO, where more than 440 Exhibitors will display the latest products and services available in business aviation today, a record number. A total of 1,958 booth spaces have been reserved for the three-day event, marking a 38 percent increase over last year. Additionally, the Static Display of Aircraft on Geneva International Airport will feature 60 state-of-the-art business aircraft and three aircraft mock-ups. To date, 11,051 Attendees have registered for this week's event, in comparison to last year's final attendance total of 11,267.
This year's Opening General Session on May 20, moderated by European Business Aviation Association (EBAA) CEO Eric Mandemaker and National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) President and CEO Ed Bolen, will feature astronaut Claude Nicollier and European Commission officer Daniel Calleja. Additional agenda highlights include sessions on:
- The single European sky air traffic management research (SESAR) project
- Business aviation safety issues, led by International Business Aviation Council personnel
- The International Standard for Business Aircraft Operations (IS-BAO)
- Business aviation and the environment, moderated by Brian Humphries, EBAA president
As the flagship forum for the European business aviation community, EBACE is the best place in Europe to find products and services from the world's top vendors. The European regulators and government officials who make decisions that directly affect business aviation operations in Europe and around the world gather at EBACE to meet with the companies who are using aviation to facilitate their business.
This year, EBACE management continues its commitment to minimizing the environmental footprint for the event. Some of this year's green initiatives include:
- All promotional materials, signs and banners have been produced on eco-friendly materials.
- When possible, e-mails have been sent in lieu of direct mail.
- Badge, bottle and can recycling bins will be available on-site at Geneva PALEXPO and the Static Display of Aircraft on Geneva International Airport.
- Drinking glasses and water coolers or pitchers of water will be available for Attendees rather than plastic bottles.
- Lights, heat and air conditioning will be turned off when not needed.
- EBACE Management will use recyclable materials wherever possible and encourage EBACE Attendees to ride shuttle buses, carpool or take public transportation.
# # #
Founded in 1947 and based in Washington, DC, the National Business Aviation Association, Inc. (NBAA) is the leading organization for companies that rely on general aviation aircraft to help make their businesses more efficient, productive and successful. The Association represents more than 8,000 companies and provides more than 100 products and services to the business aviation community, including the NBAA Annual Meeting & Convention, the world's largest civil aviation trade show. Learn more about NBAA at www.nbaa.org.
Members of the media may receive NBAA Press Releases immediately via e-mail. To subscribe to the NBAA Press Release e-mail list, submit the online form at www.nbaa.org/news/pr/subscribe.