- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
NBAA Announces Seven Recipients of 2007 Corporate Aviation Management ScholarshipIndividuals Will Attend NBAA Leadership Conference, February 21-22, in San Diego, CA
Contact: Dan Hubbard at (202) 783-9360 or email@example.com
WASHINGTON, DC, February 5, 2007 – The National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) today announced that seven individuals have been selected by the Association's Corporate Aviation Management Committee as recipients of the 2007 Corporate Aviation Management Scholarship. Each scholarship includes a value equivalent to $1,600 to cover expenses associated with recipients' attendance at NBAA's 2007 Leadership Conference, scheduled for February 21 and 22, in San Diego, CA. Attendance at this Conference promotes the professional development and leadership skills of individuals seeking careers in flight department management.
The Corporate Aviation Management Scholarship, now in its third year, is sponsored by NBAA, Pentastar Aviation, SIG Aviation LLC, Summitt Solutions, LLC and The VanAllen Group. Representatives from each of these entities will be present at the Leadership Conference. The recipients of the 2007 Corporate Aviation Management Scholarship are as follows:
- Rachelle Boeck is an A&P-licensed aircraft lead mechanic at Pentastar Aviation working on Cessnas, Falcons, Gulfstreams, Hawkers and Lears. She is looking to use the skills learned from this Conference as further preparation for her career goal of becoming a maintenance manager.
- Jason C. Honeycutt is the chief pilot for Carolina Air Charter, Inc., and holds an ATP rating. Since high school he has sought to have a career in aviation. He has a goal to become a more efficient aviation manager through skills learned at this Conference and at NBAA Professional Development Program (PDP) Courses.
- Jason Moe has an ATP rating and serves as a captain for SCF Partners, a Part 91 operation out of Houston, TX. Business aviation runs in his family as his father is also a business aviation pilot and Jason has sought this as a career from early on. While continuing to prepare his career, he is seeking to raise his management skills by attending this Leadership Conference.
- Brian T. Parrish has earned his commercial and instrument rating and is graduating in spring 2007 with a B.S. in aviation management from the University of Oklahoma. He has a career goal to operate and manage his own aviation charter company as a successful business entrepreneur.
- Kevin Smith is following his passion and his dream by studying aviation management at the University of North Dakota. He is a dean's list student seeking a B.A. in aviation management.
- John J. Swaney is with EDS Corporation as a senior pilot in charge of standards and training. He has been involved in flight department management issues that include recruiting, hiring and internal audits. He has been active with the Love Field Master Plans Committee and the Love Field Pilots Association. His goal is to accelerate his learning about aviation management issues.
- Barbara Winne will graduate in 2007 from St. Cloud State University with a B.S. in aviation management. She has worked at FBOs, where she learned of the vast opportunities for pilots in business aviation. Her experiences with the Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Aviation Association have helped her begin networking in this industry, and she feels that attending the Leadership Conference will open many more opportunities in this career field.
# # #
Founded in 1947 and based in Washington, DC, the National Business Aviation Association, Inc. (NBAA) is the leading organization for companies that rely on general aviation aircraft to help make their businesses more efficient, productive and successful. The Association represents more than 8,000 companies and provides more than 100 products and services to the business aviation community, including the NBAA Annual Meeting & Convention, the world's largest civil aviation trade show. Learn more about NBAA at www.nbaa.org.
Members of the media may receive NBAA Press Releases immediately via e-mail. To subscribe to the NBAA Press Release e-mail list, submit the online form at www.nbaa.org/news/pr/subscribe.