- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
NBAA Announces Nine New PDP Courses; Calls for More Course ProvidersNew PDP Courses Offered in Distance-Learning and On-Site Formats
Contact: Dan Hubbard at (202) 783-9360 or firstname.lastname@example.org
WASHINGTON, DC, June 30, 2006 – The National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) today announced the approval of nine new Professional Development Program (PDP) Courses offered by five different PDP providers. The new courses and providers are as follows:
- NBAA Maintenance Manual Workshop, provided by AeroTechna Solutions (meets PDP Objective T8).
- Conducting Valuable Performance Reviews, provided by CornerStone Strategies, LLC (meets PDP Objective PM5).
- Goal Achievement for Today's Aviation Department, provided by CornerStone Strategies, LCC (meets PDP Objective L2).
- Community Relations/2113, provided by Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (meets PDP Objective BM6).
- Leadership and Motivation, provided by Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (meets PDP Objective L3).
- Performance Reviews and Feedback Systems/2144, provided by Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (meets PDP Objective PM5).
- Vendor Management/2155, provided by Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (meets PDP Objective T7).
- International Standard for Business Aircraft Operations (IS-BAO) Workshop, provided by the International Business Aviation Council (meets PDP Objective Ops 4).
- Emergency Response Planning, provided by the Van Allen Group (meets PDP Objective Ops 5).
NBAA's PDP provides a curriculum for the education of current and future business aviation managers. The program encourages participation in PDP coursework, recognizes outstanding PDP candidates and participants, and rewards those seeking careers in business aviation. PDP Courses are also a means of preparing individuals to become an NBAA Certified Aviation Manager (CAM).
Those interested in taking PDP Courses are encouraged to review further details about PDP offerings and providers by visiting NBAA's PDP web site at www.nbaa.org/pdp, calling NBAA's offices at (202) 783-9000, or contacting NBAA's Jay Evans at email@example.com or Sarah Dicke at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Along with the nine new PDP Courses announced today, NBAA is seeking providers for additional PDP Courses. Traditionally, established training organizations and educational institutions provide PDP Courses through a variety of convenient and flexible delivery methods, including Internet courses, video instructions and on-site seminars. Individuals and organizations interested in becoming approved PDP providers should contact NBAA. The deadline for provider and course submissions is August 1, 2006; NBAA's PDP Review Committee will make selections in autumn 2006.
# # #
Founded in 1947, NBAA serves more than 7,000 Member Companies by promoting the aviation interests of organizations utilizing business aircraft in the United States and worldwide. The association provides more than 100 products and services to the business aviation community, including the NBAA Annual Meeting & Convention, the world's largest civil aviation trade show. Learn more about NBAA at www.nbaa.org.