- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
NBAA Announces Recipients of 2005 Schedulers & Dispatchers Training ScholarshipContact: Dan Hubbard at (202) 783-9360 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Washington, DC, February 14, 2005 – The National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) and its Schedulers & Dispatchers Committee today announced six recipients of the 2005 NBAA Schedulers & Dispatchers Training Scholarship. The training awards, given in conjunction with corporate sponsors Airline Ground Schools, CornerStone Strategies LLC, Flight Safety International and MedAire, Inc., are designed to promote the career development of current and aspiring schedulers and dispatchers.
Scholarship recipients and training awards are as follows:
- Patty Anderson, Billings, MT – Initial training course for in-flight medical issues from MedAire, Inc.
- Judy Buff, Monroe, CA – On-site training offered by the NBAA GA Desk staff at the FAA Air Traffic Control System Command Center
- Vincent Clark, Houston, TX – A Professional Development Program (PDP) Course by CornerStone Strategies, LLC
- Shawna Ellis, Miami, FL – Dispatcher license training by Airline Ground Schools
- Cheli Morrison-Tarvid, Napa, CA – Dispatch license training by Flight Safety International
- Bill Phelan, Kearny, NJ – Corporate scheduler/dispatcher course by Flight Safety International
The NBAA Schedulers & Dispatchers Committee also offers monetary awards for schedulers and dispatchers through a separate Schedulers & Dispatchers Scholarship program. Since 1997, $195,000 has been awarded to business aviation professionals through the Committee's efforts. For more information about the NBAA Schedulers & Dispatchers Committee and its scholarships, contact NBAA Director, Operations Jay Evans at (202) 783-9353 or email@example.com.
NBAA offers a total of 11 scholarships to promote professional development and business aviation careers. For more information or to download application forms, visit www.nbaa.org/scholarships.
# # #
Founded in 1947, NBAA serves its 7,400 Member Companies by promoting the aviation interests of organizations utilizing business aircraft in the United States and worldwide. The association provides more than 100 products and services to the business aviation community, including the NBAA Annual Meeting & Convention, the world's largest civil aviation trade show. Learn more about NBAA at www.nbaa.org.