- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
Call for Nominations: 2004 European Business Aviation AwardsContact: Cassandra Bosco
Washington, DC, February 2, 2004 – Created to honor individuals who have made a significant identifiable contribution to the advancement of business aviation in Europe, the European Business Aviation Award is presented each year to one or more individuals on the occasion of EBACE, the only European exhibition of its kind to focus exclusively on business aviation. This year nominations are due to EBACE's European or USA Offices by March 15, 2004.
After receipt of the nominations, the EBACE Award Committee will review them and select appropriate nominee(s). Nominations must include the following items:
- A letter introducing the nominee and explaining why he or she is proposed for the award. This document serves as the nominator's letter of reference.
- The nominee's professional biography and/or resume describing nominee's education, employment, accomplishments and honors.
- Any supporting documents, including copies of newspaper clippings, publications and articles related to the nomination.
Past recipients of the European Business Aviation Award are:
- Ahid Quntar, managing director, Royal Wings/Arab Wings (2003)
- Andrew Walters, chairman, Regional Airports Ltd. (2003)
- Richard Gooding, managing director, London City Airport (2002)
- Jean-Pierre Jobin, director general, Geneva International Airport (2002)
- Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen, president and CEO, LEGO (2001)
- Frederik Sørensen, head of unit, European Commission (2001)
Nominations should be mailed to either of the following EBACE Offices by March 15:
EBACE European Office
Attn: Ms. Darcy Christiansen
3080 Tervuren, Belgium
EBACE USA Office
Attn: Ms. Kathleen Blouin
1200 Eighteenth St. NW, Suite 400
Washington, DC 20036-2527 USA
Tel: (202) 783-9000
Fax: (202) 862-5552
For more information about EBACE2004, visit www.ebace.aero.
NBAA represents the aviation interests of more than 7,500 companies that own or operate general aviation aircraft as an aid to the conduct of their business, or are involved with business aviation. NBAA Member Companies earn annual revenues approaching $5 trillion — a number that is about half the gross domestic product — and employ more than 19 million people worldwide. The NBAA Annual Meeting & Convention is the world's largest display of civil aviation products and services.
Members of the media may receive NBAA Press Releases immediately via e-mail. To subscribe to the NBAA Press Release e-mail list, fill out and submit the online form found on the web at www.nbaa.org/news/pr/subscribe.