- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
2014 PDP Course Directory Now Available
Nov. 21, 2013
NBAA has released its 2014 Professional Development Program (PDP) Course Directory, which includes a wide range of learning opportunities from instructors with real-world experience in the business aviation industry.
NBAA-hosted PDP courses are generally offered in conjunction with larger NBAA events, making it more convenient for Members to take advantage of these educational seminars. For 2014, a total of 15 NBAA-hosted PDP courses will be offered throughout the year, concluding with six being offered from Oct. 19 to 25 in conjunction with the Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition in Orlando, FL.
The six courses to be offered in conjunction with the Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition will be:
- Community Relations – Oct. 19
- Aviation Human Factors – Oct. 19–20
- Conducting Valuable Performance Reviews – Oct. 20
- Management Fundamentals for Flight Departments Workshop – Oct. 19–20
- Emergency Response Planning Workshop – Oct. 19–20
- IS-BAO Flight Operations Manual Workshop – Oct. 24–25
Additionally, NBAA will host the following PDP courses in conjunction with several major 2014 conferences and seminars:
- The Scheduling Function – Jan. 13 in conjunction with the Schedulers & Dispatchers Conference, New Orleans, LA
- Fundamentals of IS-BAO Workshop – Jan. 14 in conjunction with the Schedulers & Dispatchers Conference in New Orleans, LA, and March 21 in conjunction with the International Operators Conference in Tampa, FL
- Strategic Leadership – Jan. 14 in conjunction with the Schedulers & Dispatchers Conference in New Orleans, LA
- Principles of Aviation Leadership – Feb. 18 in conjunction with the Leadership Conference in Atlanta, GA
- Emergency Response Planning Workshop – April 14–15 in conjunction with the Business Aviation Safety Seminar in San Diego, CA
- Technical Operations Manual Workshop – April 25 in conjunction with the Maintenance Management Conference in Tampa, FL
- IS-BAO Flight Operations Manual Workshop – June 16–17 in conjunction with the Flight Attendants/Flight Technicians Conference in West Palm Beach, FL
- Management Fundamentals for Flight Departments Workshop – June 18–19 in conjunction with the Flight Attendants/Flight Technicians Conference in West Palm Beach, FL
Aside from these NBAA-hosted courses will be additional PDP courses hosted by 22 other educational providers throughout the year at locations nationwide. The 2014 edition of the PDP Course Directory provides the latest list of "approved PDP providers" to help NBAA Members plan their professional development agenda for the year ahead.
NBAA developed the Professional Development Program to prepare business aviation professionals for management roles within flight departments. The program encourages participation in coursework, recognizes outstanding participants and rewards those seeing careers in business aviation.
The courses teach skills needed to be an effective manager. All members of the flight department are good candidates for management training, whether supervisory pilots, maintenance personnel, line service personnel, schedulers, dispatchers or flight attendants.
Courses are offered in five specialized areas, know as PDP objectives, which are:
- Business Management
- Human Resources
- Technical and Facilities Services
Students earn a certificate of achievement for each PDP course completed. All PDP objectives are designed to prepare students for participation in NBAA’s Certified Aviation Manager (CAM) Program, which was recently accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies.
To learn more, visit the Professional Development Program home page.