- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
Oshkosh-Bound Business Aviators: Be Sure to Visit NBAA’s AirVenture Tent
June 7, 2010
The diversity of aviation and the thrill of flight are evident every day at AirVenture Oshkosh, and NBAA will be right in the thick of the flight-line activity with an inviting hospitality tent, three education sessions, new handout materials, attentive staffers and lots of giveaways for NBAA Members and other pilots and aviation enthusiasts who stop by during the event, to be held from July 26 to August 1 at Wittman Field in Oshkosh, WI.
“NBAA supports all companies that use general aviation for business, and every year at Oshkosh we meet many company owners and operators who fly their own aircraft to help their companies succeed,” said Ed Bolen, NBAA president and CEO. “I personally look forward to greeting NBAA Members and other business aviators at our tent this year. We’ll have plenty of staff members on hand to provide operational information and to answer questions.”
New this year to the NBAA hospitality tent will be a welcoming front porch, where attendees can try their hand at a fun game of Business Aviation Trivia on a roulette wheel, complete with prizes and giveaways. If you’re going to Oshkosh, stop by and play the trivia game, and while you’re on the porch, make sure you pick up some buttons, pins, pens, brochures and other materials that NBAA staffers will be handing out. And don’t forget to drop off your business card for a chance to win two free registrations to this year’s NBAA 63rd Annual Meeting & Convention in Atlanta, GA.
Members and others are welcome and encouraged to attend three education sessions that NBAA will debut this year inside the air-conditioned tent on July 27, 28 and 29 at 11:00 a.m.:
- On Tuesday, July 27, Lou Meiners of Advocate Consulting Legal Group, PLLC will discuss the tax benefits of aircraft ownership if you use your personal airplane for business or are considering buying new or used aircraft for use in your business.
- On Thursday, July 29, another business-oriented session will cover the regulations for pilots who wish to get reimbursed for flying others on business or personal trips – a topic many Oshkosh-goers might find very pertinent.
- The presentation on Wednesday, July 28, “The DC-3 as a Business Aircraft,” is more for fun and a bit of aviation nostalgia, like much of the show at Oshkosh. Jim Gabbert of Next Century Aviation, the current owner of Army Air Corps General Hap Arnold’s DC-3 (now N41HQ), will talk about how the venerable DC-3 was the original and most common business aircraft of the 1940s, 50s and 60s, and how some are still in use today delivering cargo and other goods.
For those needing a break from the heat and crowds, the hospitality tent will afford a welcome respite for both NBAA Members and others alike, with air conditioning and comfortable seating. And for those who like to shop wherever they go, a complete line of apparel and other items from the NBAA Apparel Store will be on display, and orders can be taken on site.
And last but not least, an NBAA-Member-only perk that all Members are invited to take advantage of while at Oshkosh: the back porch of the hospitality tent, which directly faces the Oshkosh flight line, so members have a front-row seat for the always-exciting air show.