- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
Sept. 15, 2016 • Westchester County Airport (HPN) • White Plains, NY
- 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Exhibits and Static Display of Aircraft
- 9:30 a.m. – 10:15 a.m.
- Opening Session: Advocating for Business Aviation
Ed Bolen, NBAA and local business aviation leaders
Join NBAA and a panel of local business aviation leaders for a discussion of the key legislative, regulatory and operational issues in the coming year. From FAA reauthorization, to state tax changes and airport access issues, there are a number of areas where engagement of NBAA members will be critical. Learn how to get involved and be a strong advocate for business aviation.
- 10:30 a.m. – 11:15 a.m.
- How Does Globalization Impact Business Aviation?
Presented by: Jay Mesinger, Mesinger Jet Sales
The globalization of our industry brings new challenges and opportunities. Increased supply from OEM’s to feed the worldwide market must now be scaled back in a measured and thoughtful way. The shift has created a pendulum swing back to North America as the primary location aircraft transactions. During this session, attendees will learn how to:
- Make sense of the many industry data sources offering predications on the global market
- Understand what weaker demand for aircraft outside the U.S. may do to the preowned market
- Use industry data sources and experts to broaden knowledge of the aircraft market at home and abroad
- 11:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Buffet Lunch
- 11:30 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
- Aircraft Appraisals and Evaluations in an Evolving Market
Presented by: Gil Wolin, Business Aviation Advisor (moderator); Don Dwyer, Guardian Jet; Dave Labrozzi, Global Jet Capital; Barb Spoor, Asset Insight/SAI Valuations
What are the underlying causes of the dramatic changes in aircraft values during recent years? These changes will have long term effects on the new and preowned business aircraft markets, finance, and insurance industry segments. During this session, attendees will learn how to:
- Analyze current preowned aircraft values compared to the pre-2008 collapse and review future forecasts
- Understand how introductions of new aircraft models, engines and avionics will impact the market
- Review how regulatory issues, such as emissions standards and avionics mandates will require additional investments in many airframes
- 2:00 p.m. – 2:45 p.m.
- Legal Update on Unmanned Aircraft: Friend or Foe?
Presented by: Greg Cirillo, HCH Legal
Where does the law stand on introduction of civilian unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) into the National Airspace System? Recently, the FAA issued regulations for commercial use of small UAS, but significant unanswered questions remain. Business aircraft operators should stay current on this topic as it could have a significant impact on operations. During this session, attendees will learn how to:
- Plan for incorporation of UAS into the safety and procedures manuals of a business aviation flight department
- Understand the rapidly changing laws and regulations governing UAS
- Incorporate best practices for UAS operations that include corporate operating procedures
Any person who attends an NBAA convention, conference, seminar or other program grants permission to NBAA, its employees and agents (collectively "NBAA") to record his or her visual/audio images, including, but not limited to, photographs, digital images, voices, sound or video recordings, audio clips, or accompanying written descriptions, and, without notifying such person, to use his or her name and such images for any purpose of NBAA, including advertisements for NBAA and its programs.
Additional sponsorship opportunities are available. Please contact NBAA via firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how you can become an important sponsor of NBAA's 2016 Regional Forums.