- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
In addition to the sessions below on June 24, there will be other events held in conjunction with this Business Aviation Regional Forum. The International Business Aviation Council (IBAC) will be holding an IS-BAO Workshop on June 23. Also, the Minnesota Business Aviation Association (MBAA) will hold its 39th Annual Golf Classic on June 24-25 at the Crystal Lake Golf Club.
- 7:30 am – 9:00 am
- Registration & Complimentary Continental Breakfast
- 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Exhibits and Static Display of Aircraft
- 9:30 am – 10:15 am
- New Rules for Business Aviation Transactions
Presented by Jay Mesinger, J. Mesinger Corporate Jet Sales
Lowered prices and increased inventory are not the only things that are changing in the world of aircraft transactions. The rules of the transaction are changing too. As sellers contemplate lower prices than they ever expected it is important for both buyers and sellers to demonstrate ability and commitment to the process. During this session participants will learn how to:
- Understand changes to the timeline for aircraft transactions;
- Analyze deposit requirements including when a deposit changes from refundable to non-refundable;
- Review common delivery conditions.
- 11:00 am – 11:45 am
- General Session: Challenges and Opportunities for Business Aviation
Presented by Ed Bolen, President and CEO of NBAA
- 11:45 am – 1:30 pm
- 1:30 pm – 2:15 pm
- Step by Step Discussion of Planning for Purchase of Aircraft
Presented by Keith Swirsky, GKG Law
This program will allow a buyer, or seller, in an aircraft purchase and sale, to better understand the respective roles of the broker, banker, attorney, accountant, and management company. During this session participants will learn how to:
- Understand the specific steps involved in an aircraft transaction;
- Manage the various consultants and advisors involved in the transaction process;
- Understand issues such as aircraft deregistration in the case of import or export transactions.
- 2:30 pm – 3:15 pm
- Advanced Vision Systems
Presented by Ken Elliott, JetCraft Avionics LLC
This program will provide an introduction to the new and emerging advanced vision systems. Attendees will find out about the basic functionality of systems such as EVS, SVS, and HUD. During this session participants will learn how to:
- Understand the operational certification and performance credit process for advanced vision systems;
- Select advanced vision systems appropriate for specific aircraft types;
- Understand the role of advanced vision systems in FAA NextGen technologies.
- 3:30 pm – 5:00 pm
- Cocktail Reception
Any person who attends an NBAA convention, conference, seminar or other program grants permission to NBAA, its employees and agents (collectively "NBAA") to record his or her visual/audio images, including, but not limited to, photographs, digital images, voices, sound or video recordings, audio clips, or accompanying written descriptions, and, without notifying such person, to use his or her name and such images for any purpose of NBAA, including advertisements for NBAA and its programs.