- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
Thanks For Your Help at the NBAA 2010 Community Build
You Touched the Lives of Over 500 Children at the Brookhaven Boys & Girls Club
Thank you for helping on the 2010 Community Build at the Brookhaven Boys & Girls Club. We know you had a lot to do while you were in Atlanta for the NBAA Annual Meeting & Convention, and we are enormously grateful that you took the time to volunteer for this worthwhile cause.
Brookhaven Boys & Girls Club Executive Director Bobby Dunn may have said it best at the opening ceremony on Build Day when he shared: "A lot of our kids feel that they're overlooked, but the fact that you're here proves to them that they're not."
You made a difference in the lives of over 500 Brookhaven Club kids! Thanks so very much.
A total of 264 Volunteers contributed to some truly special projects, including:
- Building a New Playground
- Refurbishing an Existing Playground
- Repairing and Painting the Gymnasium
- Building a Learning Garden
- Clearing and Refurbishing the Walking Path
- Repairing Baseball/Softball bleachers and viewing box
- Painting the Pavilion and Asphalt Areas
- Building of Shade Structures
- Repairing and Painting Picnic Tables
- Building of Trash Can Holders
- Refurbishing Outdoor Volleyball Courts
- Painting trim and Downspouts of Club Building
- Building Two Retaining Walls
- Painting Mural Boards and Ceiling Tiles
- A Total Facelift for the Brookhaven Teen Room
- And, of course, Moving Three Truckloads of Mulch
NBAA2010 Community Build Sponsors:
A number of generous companies and individuals also contributed to the Build. We thank them for their sponsorships and generous donations that helped make this day possible.
Lance Toland Associates, LLC
Finally, a big shout out to the Atlanta Local Committee, particularly Bill McBride of Home Depot, who worked tirelessly raising funds, encouraging volunteers and fine tuning the many, many details of this enormous project; to Hands On Atlanta who managed the Build for us; and to the and the Brookhaven Boys & Girls Club and the Boys & Girls Club of Metro Atlanta, who were great partners for us on the 2010 Build.
Now online, Atlanta's NBC Channel 2 video, "People 2 People", reported by Jocely Dorsey from Sunday, October 24. Photos from the Community Build are available online in the please take a Build Day photo gallery.
Thanks again for your help. We couldn’t have done it without you!
Any person who attends an NBAA convention, conference, seminar or other program grants permission to NBAA, its employees and agents (collectively "NBAA") to record his or her visual/audio images, including, but not limited to, photographs, digital images, voices, sound or video recordings, audio clips, or accompanying written descriptions, and, without notifying such person, to use his or her name and such images for any purpose of NBAA, including advertisements for NBAA and its programs.