- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
SMS Implementation Workshop
Using the IS-BAO process, this workshop provides operators with the specific tools they will need to successfully implement a SMS. To put operators on the path to success, each SMS component is discussed in detail. As attendees become familiar with the key components, interactive exercises are used to offer examples of how SMS implementation offers safety and efficiency benefits for flight departments.
The workshop concludes by providing attendees with a step by step process to complete SMS implementation. During the discussion of each step, specific resources in the IS-BAO and its accompanying SMS toolkit are highlighted and explained to attendees. These tools will serve as the foundation for a successful SMS program.
The International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Standards found in Annex 6, Part 2 specify that a SMS requirement be incorporated into national safety regulations for operators of non-commercial aircraft over 12,500 pounds maximum takeoff weight or turbojet powered aircraft.
For example, regulators in the European Union are developing requirements for business aircraft operators to implement SMS and other components of Annex 6, Part 2 within the next few years. This makes it an ideal time to attend the SMS Implementation Workshop.
During this workshop attendees will learn how to:
- Understand the specific safety and efficiency benefits that operators will achieve through SMS implementation;
- Break down the SMS process into specific elements that are easy to understand and implement;
- Use the tools contained in IS-BAO and the SMS Toolkit to develop a manageable strategy for SMS implementation that will be effective for flight departments of any size.
Upcoming Workshop Dates
No workshops are currently scheduled.