- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
The NBAA Management Guide is an industry how-to manual for business aviation management. Recognized as one of NBAA’s most popular member benefits, this publication assists flight departments with operational, maintenance, administrative and other considerations.
It should be noted that this is not a complete guide for all functions of the flight department; consequently, it does not cover every possible situation faced by business aviation managers. However, the NBAA Management Guide does attempt to summarize essential information concerning the operation of a flight department, including chapters on Administration, Flight Operations, International Operations and Maintenance Operations.
Much of the information contained in this guide may be used as reference material to educate non-aviation company personnel on accepted practices and norms of the business aviation community. One of the essential functions of flight department personnel is to ensure that all company personnel appreciate and understand the operation, capabilities and value of the flight department.
The NBAA Management Guide is an evolving document. In coordination with its standing committees, NBAA periodically issues content revisions for this publication as new information becomes available. The Association welcomes your feedback and questions on this publication. Send all comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest Version: 2016-01 (Released in Spring 2016)
Member operators are encouraged to always familiarize themselves with the latest edition of the NBAA Management Guide. Released in Spring 2016, the latest edition is being provided for viewing in three formats: as a printed three-ring binder, as a PDF download and as web pages.order your copy now.
Explanation of Changes to the 2016-01 Edition
The 2016-01 edition introduces the following changes to the content of the NBAA Management Guide:
- Addition of Aviation Security Manager/Officer to section 1.6, Aviation Department Personnel.
- Addition of Aviation Security Manager/Officer to Figures 1.3 and 1.4.
- Updates to section 1.6, Aviation Department Personnel; job descriptions for Lead Flight Attendant or Flight Attendant Manager/Supervisor; Flight Attendant; Cabin Aide, Cabin Attendant, or CSR; and Flight Technician (Mechanic).
- Updates to section 1.7, Pilot Qualifications.
- Updates to section 1.17, Security.
- Introduction of new section 1.27, UAS, and renumbering of subsequent sections.
- Updated references for section 1.34, References for Administration.
- Updates to section 2.4, Advanced Crew Training.
- Updates to section 2.8, Crew and Passenger Relations.
- Updates to section 2.10, Standard Operating Procedure.
- Updates to section 2.12, Takeoff Weather Minimums.
- Removal of section 2.17, Noise Abatement, and renumbering of subsequent sections. Section moved to Appendix F and replaced with updated content from NBAA’s latest publication.
- Updated references for section 2.19, References for Flight Operations.
- Updated references for section 3.20, References for International Operations.
- Updates to Membership section. Changes were applied throughout the section to reflect the latest available NBAA member benefits and events information at time of publication.
- Changing all instances of “NBAA Members” to “NBAA members” to reflect updated style guide.
- Changing all instances of “Reportable Executive” and “CEO” to “Accountable Executive” to reflect updated style guide.
- Addition to the glossary for the new entry, “UAS.”
Note: For any Management Guide edition, margin lines are used to help readers identify areas with revisions, and sections may be reflowed and/or renumbered where needed to accomodate revisions.
To share comments about the NBAA Management Guide that would benefit future revisions, contact NBAA at email@example.com.