- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
The NBAA Management Guide is an industry how-to manual for business aviation management. Recognized as one of NBAA’s most popular Member benefits, this publication assists flight departments with operational, maintenance, administrative and other considerations.
It should be noted that this is not a complete guide for all functions of the flight department; consequently, it does not cover every possible situation faced by business aviation managers. However, the NBAA Management Guide does attempt to summarize essential information concerning the operation of a flight department, including chapters on Administration, Flight Operations, International Operations and Maintenance Operations.
Much of the information contained in this guide may be used as reference material to educate non-aviation company personnel on accepted practices and norms of the business aviation community. One of the essential functions of flight department personnel is to ensure that all company personnel appreciate and understand the operation, capabilities and value of the flight department.
The NBAA Management Guide is an evolving document. In coordination with its standing committees, NBAA periodically issues content revisions for this publication as new information becomes available. The Association welcomes your feedback and questions on this publication. Send all comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Update as of Nov. 2, 2015: The Fall 2015 edition of the NBAA Management Guide is still under production and will be released soon. NBAA will announce the new edition in the NBAA Update e-newsletter and on its Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn sites as soon as it is available.
Latest Version: 2015-01 (Released in Spring 2015)
Member operators are encouraged to always familiarize themselves with the latest edition of the NBAA Management Guide. Released in Spring 2015, the latest edition is being provided for viewing in three formats: as a printed three-ring binder, as a PDF download and as web pages.order your copy now.
Explanation of Changes to the 2015-01 Edition
The 2015-01 edition introduces the following changes to the content of the NBAA Management Guide:
- Addition of Scheduling/Dispatch Manager in Figure 1.1, Section I, Administration, part D, Job Descriptions.
- Updates to section 1.6, Aviation Department Personnel, job descriptions for Flight Technician (Mechanic), Manager of Maintenance, Lead Maintenance Technician and Avionics Technician – provided by NBAA’s Maintenance Committee.
- Renumbering of section 2, Advanced Crew Training, to improve style and text flow.
- Addition of Collaborative Trajectory Options Program (CTOP) to section 2.15, Traffic Flow Management - provided by NBAA Air Traffic Services.
- Addition of Collaborative Trajectory Options Program (CTOP) to the Glossary.
Note: For any Management Guide edition, margin lines are used to help readers identify areas with revisions, and sections may be reflowed and/or renumbered where needed to accomodate revisions.
To share comments about the NBAA Management Guide that would benefit future revisions, contact NBAA at email@example.com.