- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
Why NBAA Is a Great Place to Work
NBAA holds one of the top 10 trade shows held in the United States. In 2012, over 25,000 people attended the flagship Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition in Orlando, FL. Also, more than 12,000 people attended the European Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition (EBACE), and more than 6,000 people attended the Asian Business Aviation Conference & Exhibition (ABACE), both international shows hosted by NBAA in conjunction with its partners.
NBAA produces award-winning publications. Business Aviation Insider, the official Member magazine of NBAA, won four awards in 2012.
NBAA team members take great pride in NBAA's reputation as a leading organization for companies that rely on general aviation aircraft. If you are passionate about business aviation or enthusiastic about making a difference in a valuable and important industry, then NBAA is an excellent place for you to work.
NBAA's corporate culture encourages employee growth and fosters positive working relationships and collaboration. NBAA employees are focused on customer service; passionate about aviation; zealous about conferences, seminars, forums and international conventions; and excited about working for an association that makes a difference. Employees love to work for NBAA and it shows through the continued growth and success of the Association, as well as through employees’ long tenure and extremely low turnover.
NBAA holds many social events throughout the year and recognizes employees’ successes throughout the year. For example, NBAA's "Awesome Team Member" award allows employees to recognize their colleagues with a cash award for outstanding customer service.
NBAA is committed to the professional development of employees. Training is available for NBAA employees to include seminars, membership with professional societies and time to attend meetings that enhance employees’ knowledge and skills. For example, many NBAA staff members attend education sessions at the Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition and other industry events to learn about the latest issues in the industry. Through NBAA’s standing committees, employees also learn from and work directly with recognized leaders in business aviation.
NBAA has also established a strategic initiative to become a best-in-class customer service organization and offers its staff comprehensive training in this area.
NBAA's headquarters office are conveniently located in the heart of Washington, DC's business district, near Metro Center, Freedom Plaza, the Old Post Office Pavilion, the White House and the National Mall.
NBAA also staffs the Air Traffic Services desk at the FAA Air Traffic Control System Command Center in Warrenton, VA, as well as home office workers throughout the United States, including six regional representatives serving the needs of Members at a local level.
NBAA's new headquarters office, to be completed by September 2013, will offer top-of-the-line conference capabilities.
NBAA offers its staff a generous and comprehensive benefit package that includes the following:
- Competitive compensation
- Generous 401(k) contribution and match
- Paid holidays, including all federal holidays
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Bonuses based on work performance
- First-rate medical plan with NBAA paying 75 percent of medical and 80 percent of dental premiums for employee and dependent coverage
- Paid long-term care insurance coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Wellness activities, to include physician lectures and on-site massage
- SmartBenefits transportation benefits – up to $125. per month in company paid SmartBenefits for employees to commute to work and home via Metro, commuter rail, Metrobus, vanpool or regional commuter bus
- Paid short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid life and AD&D insurance
Employees can choose to participate in the following optional benefits:
- Additional life insurance for the employee and dependents
- Supplemental long-term care insurance for the employee and extended family members
- Pet insurance
- Pre-paid legal services
- Credit union membership
- Critical illness and cancer insurance
- Accident insurance