- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
NBAA helps individuals with the Association's Member Companies ascend in their careers and flight operations through Professional Development Programs (PDPs) designed to prepare business aviation professionals for management roles within their respective companies. Any person who occupies or aspires to a management position in a company involved with business aviation is a potential candidate, and since the PDP series was launched in 1998, there have been over 5,000 course completions.
These programs are made available through a variety of venues, including in print and online resources, through educational institutions, and in presentations given at NBAA's industry events. The following resources provide more information about the opportunities NBAA makes available for professional development.
- Review the latest list of educational providers that offer PDP-approved courses or request a PDP Course Directory in print or PDF formats.
- Review the PDP curriculum objectives which guide educational providers in the development of courses relating to the management of part or all of a corporate flight department.
- Guidance from the NBAA PDP Education Committee for educational providers seeking to the get their course recognized as an approved NBAA PDP course. The Committee is made up of business aviation management practitioners and experienced collegiate aviation educators.
PDP Course Proposal Application
- Educational providers must complete this form to submit course for review by the NBAA PDP Education Committee.
PDP Course Proposal Application (56KB, Word)
PDP Course Proposal Application (101KB, PDF)
- Review the list of NBAA courses that meet PDP objectives.
- Learn more about the SPDP, an offshoot of the main PDP tailored to business aviation schedulers and dispatchers.
PDP Audits Underway to Ensure Courses Meet Industry's Needs
December 7, 2012
A Review Committee is working to ensure that participants in NBAA's Professional Development Program (PDP) are receiving the skills needed to advance within the industry. The committee met last week to discuss the implementation of a new audit program to verify the PDP courses are meeting their stated objectives. Five courses are to be reviewed by committee members in FY2013, with one audit already completed. Read more about NBAA’s Professional Development program.
2013 PDP Course Directory Now Available
November 28, 2012
NBAA has released its 2013 Professional Development Program (PDP) course schedule, which includes a wide range of learning opportunities from instructors with real-world experience in the business aviation industry. For 2013, a total of 15 NBAA-hosted courses will be offered throughout the year, concluding with six being offered from Oct. 20 to 26 in conjunction with the 66th Annual Meeting & Convention in Las Vegas, NV. Read more about the 2013 PDP courses.
For more information on NBAA’s Professional Development Program, contact Sarah Wolf at (202) 783-9251 or e-mail email@example.com.