- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
NBAA's Professional Development Program (PDP) helps business aviation professionals ascend in their careers by preparing them for management roles within their companies. Any person who occupies or aspires to a management position in a company involved with business aviation is a potential candidate, and since the PDP series was launched in 1998, there have been over 5,000 course completions.
These programs are made available through a variety of venues, including in print and online resources, through educational institutions, and in presentations given at NBAA's industry events. The following resources provide more information about the opportunities NBAA makes available for professional development.
- Visit the PDP Course Directory page to review the latest list of educational providers that offer PDP-approved courses. Download the 2015 PDP Course Directory (400 KB, PDF)
- Review the PDP curriculum objectives that guide educational providers in the development of courses relating to the management of part or all of a flight department.
- Review guidance from the NBAA PDP Education Committee for educational providers seeking to the get their course recognized as an approved NBAA PDP course. The committee is made up of business aviation management practitioners and experienced collegiate aviation educators.
PDP Course Proposal Application
- Educational providers must complete this form to submit course for review by the NBAA PDP Education Committee.
PDP Course Proposal Application (56KB, Word)
PDP Course Proposal Application (101KB, PDF)
- Review the list of upcoming NBAA courses that meet PDP objectives in the coming year.
For more information on NBAA’s Professional Development Program, contact Sarah Wolf at (202) 783-9251 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.