- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
Reno-Stead Airport Invests in New GA Building
January 25, 2013
Reno-Stead Airport (RTS), located in northern Nevada, about 14 miles northwest of Reno-Tahoe International Airport, broke ground last month on a $6 million, 12,000-square-foot replacement for its former general aviation building. The new facility is slated for completion by the end of the year. The investment comes at a time when the Reno-Tahoe Airport Authority has been encouraging general aviation aircraft operators to make use of RTS, though both local airports welcome GA traffic. Read more about Reno-Stead Airport.
Naples, FL Airport a Good Neighbor and Boon to Local Economy
January 25, 2013
Calling itself “The Best Little Airport in the Country,” Naples Municipal Airport (APF) serves the needs of general aviation (GA) in southwest Florida, and pumps $273 million into the local economy. With just under 400 based aircraft and about 85,000 aircraft operations annually, the airport is focused on its general aviation customers. Military helicopters, the Coast Guard, Civil Air Patrol, air medical and mosquito control flights and the Collier County Sheriff’s Aviation Unit also operate from the airport. Read more about APF.
Taxiway Designator Changes at Chicago O’Hare (KORD)
January 10, 2013
Over the next 18 months a series of taxiways at Chicago O’Hare will undergo designator changes as the first step of a large-scale taxiway renaming implementation plan. The plan, which falls under the larger O’Hare Modernization Program (OMP), calls for changes to small groups of taxiways every 56 days beginning Thursday, January 10, 2013. The following changes just took place: Taxiway ZC became AA, Taxiway ZD became L1, Taxiway ZE became BB, and Taxiway ZF became CC. The next series of taxiway changes is scheduled for March 7. Additionally, Runway 10-28 is scheduled to be re-designated 10L-28R early this May. Pilots are cautioned that construction activity may impact aircraft operations and are urged to maintain heightened awareness and familiarize themselves with these ongoing changes. View a schedule of all upcoming name changes including maps and images.
North Dakota County Breaks Ground for New Airport
November 7, 2012
North Dakota's Bowman County is building a new, larger airport to support the state's economic boom. Located in the state's southwestern corner, Bowman County plans to close the current airport, which has a 4,800-foot runway, and replace it several miles away with a new facility that will have a 5,700-foot runway. The extra runway length will enable a wider variety of aircraft to utilize the facility. Kyle Wanner, airport planner for the North Dakota Aeronautics Commission, said: "This updated Bowman Airport will provide a breath of fresh air to the infrastructure needs of airports in western North Dakota and will aid as an economic engine for the entire region." It is expected to open in 2015. Read more about the new North Dakota airport.
Airports in Focus
Click on the links below to learn more about some key general aviation airports located nationwide.
- Naples Municipal Airport (APF) – Naples, FL
- Canandaigua Airport (D38), Canandaigua, NY
- Manassas Regional Airport/Harry P. Davis Field (HEF), Manassas, VA
- Wellington Municipal Airport (EGT), Wichita, KS,
- Oakland County International Airport (PTK), Pontiac, Michigan
- Bangor International Airport (BGR), Bangor, ME
- Baraboo-Wisconsin Dells Municipal Airport (DLL), Baraboo, WI
- Ohio State University Airport (OSU), Columbus, OH
- Hernando County Airport (BKV), Brooksville, FL
- Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL), Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Paulding County Northwest Atlanta Airport (PUJ), Dallas, GA
- Centennial Airport (APA), Centennial, CO
- Witham Field (SUA), Stuart, FL
- Van Nuys Airport (VNY), Van Nuys, CA
- Bob Hope Airport (BUR), Burbank, CA
- Santa Monica Municipal Airport (SMO), Santa Monica, CA
- Snohomish County Airport/Paine Field (PAE), Everett, WA
- Leesburg Executive Airport (JYO), Leesburg, VA
- Wiley Post Airport (PWA),Oklahoma City, OK
- Chicago Executive Airport (PWK), Wheeling, IL
- Bradley International Airport (BDL), Windsor Locks, CT
- Charles B. Wheeler Downtown Airport (MKC), Kansas City, MO
- Eagle County Regional Airport (EGE), Eagle County, CO
- San Francisco International Airport (SFO), San Francisco, CA
- Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport (FXE), Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Glendale Municipal Airport (GEU), Glendale, AZ
- Sikorsky Memorial Airport (BDR), Bridgeport, CT
- Teterboro Airport (TEB), Teterboro, NJ
- Collin County Regional Airport (TKI), McKinney, TX