- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
NBAA Encourages Owner Participation in FAA General Aviation and Part 135 Activity Survey
April 28, 2014
The FAA has mailed invitations for participation in its 36th annual General Aviation and Part 135 Activity Survey, which covers activity during calendar year 2013. NBAA strongly encourages all operators who have received a survey invitation from the FAA to complete the survey. Accurate representation and full participation benefits the entire industry.
Accurate survey data is critical in developing the FAA’s accident statistics for general aviation and on-demand charter operations. This data also is used for FAA planning and forecasting purposes.
The FAA’s annual GA Survey is the only source of information on the general aviation fleet, the number of hours flown and the ways people use general aviation aircraft. The data helps determine funding for infrastructure and service needs, assess the impact of regulatory changes and measure aviation safety. The GA Survey is also used to prepare safety statistics and calculate the rate of accidents among general aviation aircraft.
NBAA Members can complete the survey online, or a survey form will be mailed to the survey taker, along with a postage-paid envelope.
Why is participation important?
- The FAA needs help to prepare accurate estimates of aviation safety. Data from this survey are used to calculate fatal accident rates for general aviation and Part 135 aircraft.
- The FAA asks users to respond, even if they did not fly their aircraft during 2013, they sold it or the plane was damaged.
- All responses are confidential. Tetra Tech is an independent research firm that conducts the GA Survey on behalf of the FAA. The information will be used only for statistical purposes and will not be published or released in any form that would reveal an individual participant.
- A short version of the survey form is available for owners of multiple aircraft. Anyone who owns three or more aircraft and receives several surveys should contact Tetra Tech.
Questions? Own three or more aircraft?
Contact Tetra Tech toll-free at (800) 826-1797 or via email at email@example.com.