- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
NBAA Replaces Day-Two Opening Session of ABACE2013 With New Panel of Asian-Operation Experts
Contact: Dan Hubbard, (202) 783-9360, [email protected]
Shanghai, China April 16, 2013 – The National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) announces a new education session scheduled for the 2013 Asian Business Aviation Conference & Exhibition (ABACE2013), entitled “An International Operations Panel Discussion,” which will feature participants with first-hand knowledge about the unique operational, regulatory and other considerations for business aviation in the Asian theater.
The new education session, which will take place on April 17, will feature simultaneous Chinese- and English-translation for attendees. The following are additional details for the new session:
Time: 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. local time in Shanghai
Location: Shanghai Hawker Pacific Business Aviation Centre (the ABACE host FBO),
Hangar, meeting room 3
Moderator: Kurt Edwards, director general, International Business Aviation
• Ron Duncan, president and CEO, General Communications, Inc. Duncan flew his first mission to China for ABACE2013, and will discuss the considerations involved in his travel to the Asian region for the first time.
• Glen Western, chief pilot, Tail Wind, Ltd. Tail Wind has operated a single, large aircraft from a base in Singapore for many years, and Western has more than 30 years’ experience operating in the Asian region.
• Saira Kanchwala, sales & marketing director, ARINC Direct, Asia/Pacific. Kanchwala’s company has extensive experience in working with clients to provide flight support in Asia.
• Denzil White, director of flight operations, Metrojet. His company is a Hong Kong-based charter and management enterprise, which routinely counsels clients on matters related to Asian business aviation operations.
This new session replaces a formerly scheduled ABACE2013 Second-Day General Session, which has been canceled due to unexpected logistical difficulties among the participants in that session.
ABACE2013 is co-hosted by NBAA, the Asian Business Aviation Association (AsBAA) and the Shanghai Exhibition Center (SEC) at the Shanghai Hawker Pacific Business Aviation Service Centre. More information is available at www.abace.aero.
# # #
Founded in 1947 and based in Washington, DC, the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) is the leading organization for companies that rely on general aviation aircraft to help make their businesses more efficient, productive and successful. The Association represents more than 9,000 companies and provides more than 100 products and services to the business aviation community, including the NBAA Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition, the world's largest civil aviation trade show. Learn more about NBAA at www.nbaa.org.
Members of the media may receive NBAA Press Releases immediately via email. To subscribe to the NBAA Press Release email list, submit the online form.