- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
NBAA Recognizes 20 Individuals for Achievement in Schedulers Professional Development Program
Contacts: Dan Hubbard, (202) 783-9360, [email protected]
Patrick Dunne, (202) 783-9263, [email protected]
Washington, DC, February 9, 2011 – The National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) and its Schedulers & Dispatchers (S&D) Committee today announced 20 recipients who have either received plaques and certificates for their achievement or completed entire modules in the NBAA Schedulers Professional Development Program (SPDP). SPDP Courses are classes conducted by NBAA-approved educational providers on topics tailored to business aviation schedulers and dispatchers.
SPDP Courses are offered each year at the S&D Conference, on topics ranging from international scheduling to weather and aircraft performance. NBAA and its Schedulers & Dispatchers Committee have offered SPDP Courses since 2001. More than 80 people have taken five SPDP classes.
The 2011 plaque and certificate recipients are listed below. Those recipients who have completed 10 SPDP courses are noted with an asterisk, those who have completed 15 SPDP courses are noted with two asterisks and those who have completed 20 SPDP courses are noted with three asterisks:
- Spring Adamo of FirstEnergy Service Company **
- Bobbi Adams of Koch Industries Inc.
- Laura Barbarino of Jeppesen *
- Susan Caile of Freescale Corporate Aviation
- Katherine Carroll of John Deere Global Aviation Services *
- Allyson Casada of Yum! Brands, Inc.
- Angie Chance of The United Company
- Maria Amalia Claverie of AeroCom
- Suzy Davis of Bell Helicopter Textron, Inc.
- Dane Del Principe of Motorola, Inc
- Lisa Evans of ConocoPhillips *
- Kristine Feraco of Royal Canadian Mounted Police
- Patricia Huber of The Boeing Co. *
- MaryLynn Hughes of United Space Alliance
- John Klein of Federal Express
- Donna Madore of CIGNA
- Geoffrey Makely of Sun Air Jets, LLC
- Victor Stallone Okafor of Presidential Air Fleet
- So Hyonchul of L.G. Electronics, Inc.
- Karen Steinkamp of ZURICH ***
The following individual has completed a module within the SPDP:
- Spring Adamo of FirstEnergy Service Company
As an offshoot of NBAA’s main Professional Development Program (PDP), the Schedulers Professional Development Program was created to help advance the schedulers and dispatchers training and careers as business aviation professionals. While not a prerequisite, SPDP Courses are an excellent way to prepare for the NBAA Certified Aviation Manager (CAM) Program application process. Additionally, SPDP can help individuals follow the career-path checklist outlined by NBAA’s Standards of Excellence in Business Aviation (SEBA) Program.
For more information about NBAA’s professional development offerings, visit the NBAA website at www.nbaa.org/education.
# # #
Founded in 1947 and based in Washington, DC, the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) is the leading organization for companies that rely on general aviation aircraft to help make their businesses more efficient, productive and successful. The Association represents more than 8,000 companies and provides more than 100 products and services to the business aviation community, including the NBAA Annual Meeting & Convention, the world's largest civil aviation trade show. Learn more about NBAA at www.nbaa.org.
Members of the media may receive NBAA Press Releases immediately via e-mail. To subscribe to the NBAA Press Release e-mail list, submit the online form at www.nbaa.org/news/pr/subscribe.