- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
EBACE2009 Finishes As Third-Largest Ever
Event Makes Clear: Business Aviation Is the Right Tool For Challenging Times
Geneva, Switzerland, May 14, 2009 – As the 9th Annual European Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition (EBACE2009) drew to a close here today, event organizers cheered the show’s place in the record-books as the third-largest EBACE ever, with 10,917 registered Attendees.
Jointly presented by the European Business Aviation Association (EBAA) and National Business Aviation Association (NBAA), EBACE is the flagship event for the business aviation community in Europe, drawing participants not only from the region, but also from Africa, Asia, the Middle East and North America.
“This year’s EBACE has met and exceeded all expectations,” said Brian Humphries, EBAA president and CEO. “I take great encouragement from the level of participation and support we had for this year’s event, and from all the favorable comments we have received from Exhibitors.”
NBAA President and CEO Ed Bolen agreed. “As everyone knows, the business aviation community has been confronting one of the worst economic storms anyone can remember,” Bolen said. “That EBACE would have its third-largest turnout this year demonstrates the value of the show to our industry.”
Humphries and Bolen lauded Exhibitors’ participation in the event. A total of 411 Exhibitors, occupying approximately 1,900 booth spaces, were at Geneva PALEXPO, and a Static Display of Aircraft at nearby Geneva International Airport included 65 business aircraft, up from 60 the previous year.
In addition to the value EBACE provided for Exhibitors and Attendees, the event showcased the essential role of business aviation in supporting jobs, mobility and economic opportunity around the world. For example:
- The show’s Opening General Session and education sessions highlighted findings in a recent study showing that business aviation in the European region was responsible for 164,000 jobs and €19.7 billion in economic activity in 2007 alone. (For more information on the study, visit: http://www.ebaa.org/content/dsp_page/pagec/PwC-EBAA-StudyBusAv.)
- Featured for the first time at EBACE was a session entitled, “Business Aviation: Perception Versus Reality,” focusing on efforts by EBAA, NBAA, the General Aviation Manufacturers Association, the and the European General Aviation Manufacturers Group to inform policymakers and opinion leaders about the true value of business aviation to citizens and communities in all parts of the world. (To hear an audio clip from the session, visit: http://www.ebace.aero/2009/presentations/NPNG_EBACE.mp3.)
- The 2009 European Business Aviation Awards honored individuals and organizations who have championed the industry, and repeatedly advocated for business aviation at federal, state and local levels. (For more information on this year’s awards, visit: http://www.ebace.aero/2009/press/releases/20090512.php.)
“More than ever, EBACE demonstrated that business aviation is the right tool for challenging times,” Humphries said.
Next year’s EBACE, which will mark the 10th anniversary of the event, is scheduled for May 4-6, 2010 at Geneva PALEXPO and Geneva International Airport. EBAA and NBAA have secured dates for EBACE through 2015.
To review highlights from the event, including photos and presentations, visit the official EBACE web site at www.ebace.aero.
# # #
The European Business Aviation Association was founded in 1977 to defend the interests of business aviation. Today, more than 500 business aviation companies (direct members or members of associate organizations) rely on the EBAA to protect their business interests. It is the only voice to represent business aviation among the European institutions. For more information, visit www.ebaa.org.
Founded in 1947 and based in Washington, DC, the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) is the leading organization for companies that rely on general aviation aircraft to help make their businesses more efficient, productive and successful. The Association represents more than 8,000 companies and provides more than 100 products and services to the business aviation community, including the NBAA Annual Meeting & Convention, the world's largest civil aviation trade show. Learn more about NBAA at www.nbaa.org.
Members of the media may receive NBAA Press Releases immediately via e-mail. To subscribe to the NBAA Press Release e-mail list, submit the online form at www.nbaa.org/news/pr/subscribe.