- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
EBAA and NBAA Call for Nominations for 2009 European Business Aviation Award
Contact: Romain Martin, +32 2 766 00 73, [email protected]
Brussels, Belgium, February 11, 2009 –The European Business Aviation Association (EBAA) and the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA), co-producers of the European Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition (EBACE), are calling for nominations for the 2009 European Business Aviation Award
The award honors individuals who have made a significant contribution to the advancement of business aviation in Europe, and is presented each year to one or more individuals during EBACE, the only European exhibition focusing solely on business aviation.
The exhibition brings together business leaders, government officials, manufacturers, business aviation department personnel and all manner of people involved in nearly all aspects of business aviation. The exhibition is held in Geneva, Switzerland and takes place at the Geneva PALEXPO, which covers more than 100,000 square meters distributed in seven halls.
Nominations for the 2009 award are due to EBACE's European Office by April 12 (address and other contact information for the office are included below).
The EBACE Award Committee will review and select appropriate award recipients based on nominations that must include:
- A letter introducing the nominee and explaining why he or she is proposed for the award. This document serves as the nominator's letter of reference. (Additional letters of reference from individuals other than the nominator are optional, and may assist the Award Committee in reaching a judgment).
- The nominee's professional biography and/or resume describing nominee's education, employment, accomplishments and honors.
- Any relevant supporting documents, including newspaper clippings, publications and articles related to the nomination.
Past recipients of the European Business Aviation Award are as follows (titles shown were current at time of award presentation):
- Mark Booth, chairman and CEO of NetJets Europe (2008)
- Judith Moreton, Bombardier Skyjet International, and Mark Wilson, British Business and General Aviation Association (2007)
- Geneva PALEXPO and Flight Safety International (2006)
- TAG Aviation and Cannes/Mandelieu Airport (2005)
- Jean-Francois Georges, Dassault Aviation, and Fernand Francois, European Business Aviation Association (2004)
- Ahid Quntar, Royal Wings/Arab Wings, and Andrew Walters, Regional Airports Ltd. (2003)
- Richard Gooding, London City Airport, and Jean-Pierre Jobin, Geneva International Airport (2002)
- Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen, LEGO, and Frederik Sørensen, Head of Unit, European Commission (2001)
Nominations should be mailed to EBACE's European Office by April 12, 2009.
EBACE European Office
Attn: Romain Martin
Avenue de Tervuren, 13
1040 Brussels, Belgium
E-mail: [email protected]
# # #
Founded in 1947 and based in Washington, DC, the National Business Aviation Association, Inc. (NBAA) is the leading organization for companies that rely on general aviation aircraft to help make their businesses more efficient, productive and successful. The Association represents more than 8,000 companies and provides more than 100 products and services to the business aviation community, including the NBAA Annual Meeting & Convention, the world's largest civil aviation trade show. Learn more about NBAA at www.nbaa.org.
Members of the media may receive NBAA Press Releases immediately via e-mail. To subscribe to the NBAA Press Release e-mail list, submit the online form at www.nbaa.org/news/pr/subscribe.