- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
NBAA Recognizes 25 Individuals for Achievement in Schedulers Professional Development Program
Contact: Dan Hubbard, (202) 783-9360, firstname.lastname@example.org
Washington, DC, January 15, 2009 – The National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) and its Schedulers & Dispatchers (S&D) Committee today announced 25 recipients who have received plaques and certificates for their achievement in the NBAA Schedulers Professional Development Program (SPDP). Nine recipients completed six or more courses, and five recipients have completed more than 11 courses. SPDP Courses are classes conducted by NBAA-approved educational providers on topics tailored to business aviation schedulers and dispatchers.
The 2008 plaque and certificate recipients are listed below, and those recipients who have completed over 11 SPDP Courses are noted with an asterisk:
- Alice Valdez of Hewlett-Packard
- Candy Royer of UNUM
- Christina Milano of Pfizer
- Dadra Hanna of Air Rutter International
- Diana Williams of Limited Brands
- Jennifer M. Green of General Dynamics
- Judy Bennett of Miami Executive Aviation
- Julie Layne of Hawkaire
- Julie Rogers of Cessna
- Katherine Carroll of John Deere
- Kathleen Clark of Schering-Plough
- Karen Steinkamp of Zurich *
- Kayla McManigle of MoneyGram International
- Kelly Sullivan of Royal Canadian Mounted Police
- Kim Disney of Yum! Brands
- Kristine Feraco of Royal Canadian Mounted Police
- Laura Barbarino of Hewlett-Packard *
- Marie Rybinski of The Schwan Food Company
- Misty Greene of Limited Brands
- Patricia Huber of Boeing
- Patricia Scott of Ameriprise Financial
- Reginald Alberty of ConocoPhillips *
- Sharon Llamas of Lewis Energy
- Sherry Whitcomb of Qualcomm
- Susan Roberts of Qwest Communications
SPDP Courses are offered each year at the S&D Conference, on topics ranging from international scheduling to weather and aircraft performance. NBAA and its Schedulers & Dispatchers Committee have offered SPDP Courses since 2001, and more than 500 courses have been completed to date.
As an offshoot of NBAA's main Professional Development Program (PDP), the Schedulers Professional Development Program was created to help advance the training and careers of business aviation professionals. While not a prerequisite, SPDP Courses are an excellent way to prepare for the NBAA Certified Aviation Manager (CAM) Program application process. Additionally, SPDP can help individuals follow the career-path checklist outlined by NBAA's Standards of Excellence in Business Aviation (SEBA) Program.
For more information about NBAA's professional development offerings, visit the NBAA web site at www.nbaa.org/education.
# # #
Founded in 1947 and based in Washington, DC, the National Business Aviation Association, Inc. (NBAA) is the leading organization for companies that rely on general aviation aircraft to help make their businesses more efficient, productive and successful. The Association represents more than 8,000 companies and provides more than 100 products and services to the business aviation community, including the NBAA Annual Meeting & Convention, the world's largest civil aviation trade show. Learn more about NBAA at www.nbaa.org.
Members of the media may receive NBAA Press Releases immediately via e-mail. To subscribe to the NBAA Press Release e-mail list, submit the online form at www.nbaa.org/news/pr/subscribe.