- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
Inaugural European Safety of Flight Award Recipients AnnouncedContact: Dan Hubbard at (202) 783-9360 or firstname.lastname@example.org
GENEVA, SWITZERLAND, May 20, 2008 – The European Business Aviation Association (EBAA) on May 19 announced the recipients of the inaugural European Safety of Flight Awards, which honor European business aviation operators for their demonstrated record of safe flying. The announcement took place during the 2nd Annual Safety Standdown Europe, an event co-hosted by the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA), EBAA and Bombardier in conjunction with the 8th Annual European Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition (EBACE2008).
The European Safety of Flight Awards recognize either the number of hours or the number of years a specific European operator has been operating accident free. There are four award levels, and the 2008 recipients in each category are:
- PrivatAir – 125,857 hours of accident-free flying with 11 aircraft
- Shell Aircraft – over 50 years and in excess of 90,000 hours of accident-free flying with three aircraft
- Eurofly Service S.P.A. – in excess of 150,000 hours and 39 years of accident-free flying with 11 aircraft
- Aero-Dienst GmbH – 82,142 hours of accident-free flying for 14 years with 10 aircraft
- Dassault Falcon Service – in excess of 95,000 hours of accident-free flying for 40 years with five aircraft
- No recipients this year
- BMW Flight Service – over 21 years and 19,996 hours of accident-free flying with six aircraft
For more information about EBACE2008, being held May 20 to 22 in Geneva, visit www.ebace.aero.
# # #
Founded in 1947 and based in Washington, DC, the National Business Aviation Association, Inc. (NBAA) is the leading organization for companies that rely on general aviation aircraft to help make their businesses more efficient, productive and successful. The Association represents more than 8,000 companies and provides more than 100 products and services to the business aviation community, including the NBAA Annual Meeting & Convention, the world's largest civil aviation trade show. Learn more about NBAA at www.nbaa.org.
Members of the media may receive NBAA Press Releases immediately via e-mail. To subscribe to the NBAA Press Release e-mail list, submit the online form at www.nbaa.org/news/pr/subscribe.