- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
NBAA Announces Recipients of UAA Janice K. Barden Aviation ScholarshipContact: Dan Hubbard at (202) 783-9360 or firstname.lastname@example.org
WASHINGTON, DC, December 18, 2006 – The National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) has awarded $5,000 in scholarship funds to five students who seek to advance their professional development in the business aviation industry.
Each of the following 2006 NBAA UAA Janice K. Barden Aviation Scholarship recipients received $1,000:
- Garrett Geiker of Liberty, IL, is a junior at Southern Illinois University majoring in aviation flight management. He has 175 flight hours with a private pilot certificate, and he is interested in a career in business aviation.
- Troy Langley of Wright, WY, is a junior at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University majoring in aeronautical engineering. He is interested in aviation design innovations.
- Gamaliel Marcus Neyor is a junior at Southeastern Oklahoma State University with a major in aviation management. He holds a private pilot license and is interested in a career as a business aviation pilot.
- Krista Wise of Ostrander, OH, is a sophomore at Ohio University majoring in aviation management and finance. She has participated in the restoration of two 1940s-era PT-17 Stearmans and would like to work for a fractional aircraft company or be a manager of a general aviation airport.
- Justin Witt is a senior at Southern Illinois University majoring in aviation technology with a specialization in helicopters. He works as a certified aircrew maintenance technician in the U.S. Coast Guard on Dolphin helicopters.
Applications for the 2007 UAA Janice K. Barden Aviation Scholarship will be made available in 2007 on the NBAA web site at www.nbaa.org/scholarships. For further details, contact NBAA Director, Operations Jay Evans at (202) 783-9353 or email@example.com.
# # #
Founded in 1947 and based in Washington, DC, the National Business Aviation Association, Inc. (NBAA) is the leading organization for companies that rely on general aviation aircraft to help make their businesses more efficient, productive and successful. The Association represents more than 7,000 companies and provides more than 100 products and services to the business aviation community, including the NBAA Annual Meeting & Convention, the world's largest civil aviation trade show. Learn more about NBAA at www.nbaa.org.