- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
NBAA Releases 2006 Calendar of Events, Professional Development OfferingsContact: Dan Hubbard at (202) 783-9360 or [email protected]
WASHINGTON, DC, January 9, 2006 – The National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) today released the Association's calendar of events for 2006.
The Association provides a variety of ways for the business aviation community to exchange information, including the NBAA Annual Meeting & Convention, the world's largest business aviation trade show; international exhibitions in Europe and Latin America; several Business Aviation Regional Forums each year; and a comprehensive program of seminars and professional development courses for those involved in business aviation.
The following is NBAA's Calendar of Events for 2006. Events featuring professional development courses or exams are marked with an asterisk, and those courses and exams are listed following the Calendar of Events.
For more information and to register for any NBAA events listed, visit NBAA's web site at www.nbaa.org/events, or contact NBAA at (202) 783-9283. For more information about NBAA professional development course and exam offerings, visit NBAA's web site at www.nbaa.org, or contact NBAA's Jay Evans at (202) 783-9353.
2006 NBAA Calendar of Events
- January 19, Boca Raton, FL – NBAA Business Aviation Regional Forum
- January 25–27, San Antonio, TX – NBAA 17th Annual Schedulers & Dispatchers Conference*
- February 22–23, Dallas, TX – NBAA Leadership Conference*
- February 24, Dallas, TX – NBAA Regulatory Hot Topics Forum
- February 27-28, Dallas, TX – NBAA Flight Operations Manual Workshop
- March 1-2, Dallas, TX – NBAA Management Fundamentals for Flight Departments Workshop
- March 20–23, Tampa, FL – NBAA 33rd Annual International Operators Conference
- April 13, Dallas, TX – NBAA Business Aviation Regional Forum
- April 17–19, Dallas, TX – NBAA Maintenance Management Conference*
- April 20, Dallas, TX – NBAA Maintenance Manual Workshop
- May 3–5, Geneva, Switzerland – 6th Annual European Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition (EBACE2006)
- May 9-11, Phoenix, AZ, Flight Safety Foundation/NBAA 51st Annual Corporate Aviation Safety Seminar
- June 2, San Francisco, CA – NBAA Federal Tax Forum
- June 8, Washington, DC – NBAA Business Aviation Regional Forum
- June 23–24, Denver, CO – NBAA 11th Annual Flight Attendants Conference
- August 10–12, São Paulo, Brazil – 4th Annual Latin American Business Aviation Conference & Exhibition (LABACE2006)
- October 15–16 – NBAA 15th Annual Tax, Regulatory and Risk Management Conference
- October 17–19, Orlando, FL – NBAA 59th Annual Meeting & Convention*
- November 16, Long Beach, CA – NBAA Business Aviation Regional Forum
2006 NBAA Professional Development Offerings
(Classes are offered in conjunction with the NBAA Schedulers & Dispatchers Conference in San Antonio, TX).
- January 23 – Schedulers
Professional Development Program (SPDP) & Professional Development Program (PDP) Class #1: Vital Communication Skills for Today's Business Aviation
Leaders – PDP Objective C5.
- January 23 – SPDP & PDP Class #2: Corporate Aviation Ethics – PDP Objective L3.
- January 24 – SPDP Class #3: Basic Corporate Aircraft Scheduling and Customer Service.
- January 24 – SPDP & PDP Class #4: Crew Resource Management – PDP Objective C3.
- January 24 – SPDP & PDP Class #5: Persuasive Speech – PDP Objective C2.
- January 28 – SPDP Class #6: International Trip Planning for Corporate Aircraft Schedulers & Dispatchers.
(Class and exam are offered in conjunction with the NBAA Leadership Conference in Dallas, TX).
- February 21 – PDP Class: Strategic Leadership:
How to Inspire, Influence and Achieve Results – PDP Objective L3.
- February 24 – Certified Aviation Manager (CAM) Exam: 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. ET (application deadline is January 10, 2006).
(Classes and exam are offered in conjunction with NBAA Maintenance Management Conference in Dallas, TX).
- April 18–19 – PDP Class: Dynamics of
Empowered Leadership – PDP Objective L3.
- April 20 – PDP Class: Applied Economics and Marketing – PDP Objective BA4.
- April 20 – CAM Exam: 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. CT (application deadline is March 2, 2006).
(Exam is offered in conjunction with the NBAA Annual Meeting & Convention in Orlando, FL).
- October 16 – CAM Exam: 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. ET (application deadline is August 31, 2006).
Professional Development Courses Offered Throughout 2006
(Check with NBAA Conventions, Seminars & Forums Division for scheduling and other details)
NBAA Management Fundamentals for Flight Departments Workshop
Professional Development Program (PDP) Objective: AM2 & AM5 offered by NBAA – This two-day Workshop gives flight department managers key information about safe operations, regulatory compliance, basic management practices, budgeting and accounting, cost controls, vendor selection and tracking, records and reports, planning for the future and other issues.
NBAA Flight Operations Manual Workshop: Employing the International Standard for Business Aircraft Operations (IS-BAO)
Professional Development Program (PDP) Objective: AM1 – All flight departments should have an up-to-date flight operations manual setting forth policies and procedures designed to ensure safe and effective flight operations. This highly successful Workshop has been completely revised to incorporate the new IS-BAO. Topics covered include: safety management systems, standard operating procedures, flight operations, training, administration/organization, maintenance and international standards.
# # #
Founded in 1947, NBAA serves more than 7,000 Member Companies by promoting the aviation interests of organizations utilizing business aircraft in the United States and worldwide. The association provides more than 100 products and services to the business aviation community, including the NBAA Annual Meeting & Convention, the world's largest civil aviation trade show. Learn more about NBAA at www.nbaa.org.