- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
NBAA Recognizes First Group of Certified Aviation ManagersContact: Cassandra Bosco
Washington, DC, January 15, 2004 – The National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) is pleased to announce that 22 individuals successfully passed the first Certified Aviation Manager (CAM) Examination, administered last October in Orlando, FL. The NBAA CAM Program offers a way to identify and measure the aviation-specific knowledge and management skills of current and aspiring flight department managers. Through the certification process, NBAA seeks to raise the professionalism and quality of management within flight departments.
"Congratulations to all who passed the CAM Exam," said NBAA President and CEO Shelley A. Longmuir. "By proving their knowledge and skills through the successful completion of the exam, these 22 CAMs are now part of a distinguished group of leaders who will help shape the future of the business aviation industry."
NBAA recognizes and congratulates the following Certified Aviation Managers:
- Fred Adams, chief pilot, Basin Electric Power Cooperative
- Mark Chaney, director of aviation, Coca Cola Bottling Company Consolidated
- David Clark, flight department manager, Elliott Aviation
- Charles Claughsey, chief pilot, CIGNA Corporate Aviation
- Alan Cordel, chief pilot, Kansas City Life Insurance Company
- Patrick Cunningham, maintenance manager, PepsiCo, Inc.
- Jeffery Daniels, manager, flight services, Universal Underwriters Group, Inc.
- John DePalma, president, AvBase Aviation
- Thomas "Craig" Fitzsimmons, captain, ConAgra Foods, Inc.
- Steve Hawkes, director, BP America Inc.
- Peku Karu, director of operations, Xtrajet Inc. and Starjet International
- David Masterson, aviation manager, Bunn-O-Matic Corporation
- Mark McIntyre, chief pilot, Mente LLC
- Scott Miller, aviation office manager, EDS Corporation
- Edward Mursko, master technician, 3M
- Christopher O'Connell, aviation department manager, Battelle Memorial Institute
- Mert Pellegrin, chief pilot, Entergy Services
- Steven Rehwinkel, chief pilot, Modine Manufacturing Company
- Wayne Sherman, chief pilot, FC Aviation
- Dennis Taylor, captain, Bristol-Myers Squibb Aviation
- Juergen Wiese, flight operations manager, BMW Flight Services
- Steve Zvada, captain, Swagelok Flight Operations
For more information or to access the CAM Exam Application, contact NBAA at email@example.com or visit the CAM web site at www.nbaa.org/cam.
NBAA represents the aviation interests of more than 7,500 companies that own or operate general aviation aircraft as an aid to the conduct of their business, or are involved with business aviation. NBAA Member Companies earn annual revenues approaching $5 trillion a number that is about half the gross domestic product and employ more than 19 million people worldwide. The NBAA Annual Meeting & Convention is the world's largest display of civil aviation products and services.
Members of the media may receive NBAA Press Releases immediately via e-mail. To subscribe to the NBAA Press Release e-mail list, fill out and submit the online form found on the web at www.nbaa.org/news/pr/subscribe.