- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
NBAA Announces Winners of 2004 Schedulers & Dispatchers ScholarshipContact: Cassandra Bosco
Washington, DC, January 12, 2004 – The National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) and its Schedulers & Dispatchers Committee today awarded a total of $30,000 in scholarship funds to eight individuals who seek to advance their professional development as business aviation schedulers and dispatchers. NBAA created the Schedulers & Dispatchers Scholarship fund in conjunction with six corporate sponsors, which each generously contributed $5,000: ExxonMobil Avitat, Signature Flight Support, Universal Weather and Aviation, Inc., ChevronTexaco, Atlantic Aviation and Air BP Aviation Services.
The 2004 NBAA Schedulers & Dispatchers Scholarship recipients, their company affiliations and their awards, are as follows:
- Sandy Frentz, Allstate Insurance Company, Wheeling, IL - Five-Day FlightSafety International Schedulers/Dispatchers Course
- Christie Golubski, Jack Henry & Associates, Monett, MO - FlightSafety International Dispatcher Course
- Margaret Lindberg, Aventis Pharmaceuticals, Northampton, PA - CFII Training
- Jeri Myers, Jack Henry & Associates, Monett, MO - FlightSafety International Dispatcher Course
- Bevia Patrick, East Coast Flight Services, Inc., Easton, MD - Sheffield Accelerated Aircraft Dispatcher Course
- Angela Rice, Woodland Aviation, Inc., Sacramento, CA - Sheffield Dispatch Program
- Tina Spence, Jet Aviation Business Jets, Inc., Teterboro, NJ - NBAA Certified Aviation Manager (CAM) Examination
- Zhang Zheng, Shanghai Airlines Co. Ltd., Shanghai, China - NBAA Schedulers Professional Development Program (SPDP) Course at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
Applications for the 2005 Schedulers & Dispatchers Scholarship soon will be available. In addition to the Schedulers & Dispatchers Scholarship, NBAA offers many other scholarships to promote professional development and business aviation careers. For more information or to download application forms, visit the web at www.nbaa.org/scholarships.
For further details about the NBAA Schedulers & Dispatchers Committee and Scholarship, contact NBAA Director, Operations Jay Evans at (202) 783-9353 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
NBAA represents the aviation interests of more than 7,500 companies that own or operate general aviation aircraft as an aid to the conduct of their business, or are involved with business aviation. NBAA Member Companies earn annual revenues approaching $5 trillion a number that is about half the gross domestic product and employ more than 19 million people worldwide. The NBAA Annual Meeting & Convention is the world's largest display of civil aviation products and services.
Members of the media may receive NBAA Press Releases immediately via e-mail. To subscribe to the NBAA Press Release e-mail list, fill out and submit the online form found on the web at www.nbaa.org/news/pr/subscribe.