- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
NBAA Announces Winners of 2003 Schedulers & Dispatchers Scholarship
Contact: Cassandra Bosco
Washington, DC, February 3, 2003 - The National Business Aviation Association (NBAA)
and its Schedulers & Dispatchers Committee today awarded a total of $35,000 in scholarship
funds to 10 individuals who seek to advance their professional development as business aviation
schedulers and dispatchers. NBAA created the Schedulers & Dispatchers Scholarship fund in
conjunction with seven corporate sponsors, which each generously contributed $5,000: ExxonMobil
Avitat, Signature Flight Support, Million Air, Air Routing, Universal Weather and Aviation,
Inc., ChevronTexaco, and Atlantic Aviation.
The 2003 NBAA Schedulers & Dispatchers Scholarship recipients, their company affiliations (if applicable) and their awards, are as follows:
- Lori Biazzo of The Sherwin Williams Co. - Pilot currency and multi-engine rating
- Diana Cope of Jack Henry and Associates, Inc. - FlightSafety International corporate dispatch course
- Georgia Ioannou - Canadian flight dispatch exam course
- Mary Kuneman of Alpha Flying, Inc. - Scheffield Dispatch School course
- Troy Ladue of Massachusetts Mutual Life - Scheffield Dispatch School course
- Elizabeth Nahnsen of AeroCharter - FlightSafety International corporate dispatch course
- Kristen Noyes of WilTel Aviation - NBAA Schedulers & Dispatchers Conference attendance
- Karen Payne - Scheffield Dispatch School course
- Beth Stebenne of Woodland Aviation - Scheffield Dispatch School course
- Terri Wynn of AeroCharter - NBAA Schedulers & Dispatchers Conference and NBAA Schedulers Professional Development Program Course attendance
Applications for the 2004 Schedulers & Dispatchers Scholarship soon will be available. In addition to the Schedulers & Dispatchers Scholarship, NBAA offers nine other scholarships to promote professional development and business aviation careers. For more information or to download application forms, visit the web at www.nbaa.org/scholarships.
For further details about the NBAA Schedulers & Dispatchers Committee and Scholarship, contact NBAA Director, Operations Jay Evans at (202) 783-9353 or [email protected].
NBAA represents the aviation interests of more than 7,300 companies that own or operate general aviation aircraft as an aid to the conduct of their business, or are involved with business aviation. NBAA Member Companies earn annual revenues approaching $5 trillion — a number that is about half the gross domestic product — and employ more than 19 million people worldwide. The NBAA Annual Meeting & Convention is the world's largest display of civil aviation products and services.
Members of the media may receive NBAA Press Releases immediately via e-mail. To subscribe to the NBAA Press Release e-mail list, fill out and submit the online form found on the Web at www.nbaa.org/news/pr/subscribe.