- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
Presented by: NBAA's Safety Committee
Over the past several years, aviation has seen a number of accidents where pilot training and pilot performance have been identified as either a probable or contributing cause. Recent high-profile accidents have revealed possible weaknesses in the aviation system trains pilots and what they learn during recurrent training opportunities.
In order to remain ahead of these disturbing safety trends, NBAA's Safety Committee will host a one-day Business Aviation Pilot Training Symposium to focus on improving the value proposition for training. Adapting training philosophies from other segments of the industry, such as the Advanced Qualification Program (AQP), for business aviation could yield substantial improvements in pilot training.
The symposium will focus on work already completed by NBAA's Safety Committee along with the plan for tools and guidelines to assist the business aviation community in advancing their own training programs.
The program will be moderated by:
- Steve Charbonneau, NBAA Safety Committee Secretary, Altria Client Services
- Richard Walsh, NBAA Safety Committee Chairman, Hewlett-Packard
Both NBAA Members and non-Members are welcome to attend this event free of charge. Please note that no meals will be provided for this free event. To register, contact NBAA's Doug Carr at firstname.lastname@example.org.
National Transportation Safety Board Boardroom
490 L'Enfant Plaza, SW
Washington, DC 20594
View Larger Map
Wednesday, August 22, 2012
- 8:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.
- 8:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
- Project Team Briefings – Presentation of Project Goals and Progress – Sub-Group Presentations
- 10:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
- 10:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
- Presentation of Survey results and key findings
- 11:00 a.m. - 1200 noon
- NTSB Board Member Presentation: Dr. Earl Weener
- 12:00 noon – 1:00 p.m.
- Lunch - Note: No meals will be provided for this free event.
- 1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Panel discussion – the project team will facilitate a panel discussion with key officials
- 2:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- 3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Open Forum – Attendee questions and feedback for teams
- 4:00 p.m - 4:30 p.m.
- Next Steps Presentation – the project team will present key next steps and offer opportunities to participate
For More Information
For more information, contact NBAA's Doug Carr at (202) 783-9259 or email@example.com.
Any person who attends an NBAA convention, conference, seminar or other program grants permission to NBAA, its employees and agents (collectively "NBAA") to record his or her visual/audio images, including, but not limited to, photographs, digital images, voices, sound or video recordings, audio clips, or accompanying written descriptions, and, without notifying such person, to use his or her name and such images for any purpose of NBAA, including advertisements for NBAA and its programs.