- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
Silent Auction to Benefit Maintenance Scholarship Receipients
Companies and individuals are encouraged to make donations to the Silent Auction (preferably items valued at $50 or more) in order to benefit NBAA's Technical Reward and Career Scholarship (Maintenance TRACS). This year’s Silent Auction will be located inside the exhibit hall. Examples of past items include:
- Sporting event tickets
- Sporting goods
- Power and other tools (chainsaws, high-end drills, etc.)
- Aircraft-related pictures, drawings or models
- Electronics, such as digital cameras, iPods, etc.
- Leather goods, such as manufacturer-logoed men’s jackets (prefer sizes L, XL and XXL), briefcases and outerwear
- NBAA Member equipment and professional services valued at less than $1,000
- Getaway or tour packages (lodging and/or dinner at local restaurant)
Silent Auction items and donors will be listed on signage as long as donation details are received prior to March 18. Donors may also place a marketing display (not to exceed 10” x 12” x 3” in size) next to the donated item. The NBAA Maintenance Committee reserves the right to remove any display that does not fit into the promotion at their discretion. Shipping to the hotel may incur handling fees that will be charged directly to the Exhibitor.
Silent Auction winners will be announced at the completion of the auction. Donor recognition is provided in NBAA auction space.
To make a donation, complete the Donor Form and fax it to NBAA at (202) 862-5552. All items should be shipped directly to Freeman, details to be provided in the Exhibitor Service Kit, or brought to the hotel.
NBAA Maintenance Management Conference Silent Auction Donor Rules
- NBAA MEMBERSHIP: A contributor shall be a member in good standing of NBAA.
- DONATION LIMITATIONS: The donation value shall not be less than $50 based on the manufacturer-published list price.
- TITLE: Contributions to the NBAA Silent Auction are in the form of the proceeds realized from the sale of the donor’s donation at the auction. All ownership rights and title to equipment shall remain with the donor up to, and until, the donor or its agent transfers title to the successful bidder.
- DELIVERY: Donor shall be responsible for the costs of delivery of the item to the Maintenance Management Conference location, such donations should be clearly identified as being for the auction. NBAA shall be responsible for any and all costs incident to delivering the donation to the designated location within the conference facilities where the auction will take place.
- LIABILITY DISCLAIMER: NBAA does not assume any responsibility whatsoever for the donation within the NBAA conference facility, and the donor hereby expressly agrees to release, indemnify and hold harmless NBAA, and their officers and directors, from any and all claims including, but not limited to, injury, death and loss of property, including said donation, that may be sustained incident to the delivery to and spotting of the donation at the conference facility, while on display at the conference and during the auction, and during removal of donation for transfer of said donation to the possession of successful bidder.
- PRODUCT LIABILITY DISCLAIMER: Donor hereby agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless NBAA and each of their respective officers and directors from and against any and all liabilities, damages, fines, costs of defense, settlement, and attorney fees related to any personal injury, death or property damage incident to the use of the donation.
- BIDDING: The Auction Committee shall be responsible for determining the opening bid for each item based on the estimated value of the item.
- TAXES: Contributors are responsible for payment of the federal excise tax (FET) and the auction bid will be inclusive of the FET but exclusive of any state and local taxes incident to the sale or transfer of the item. The contributor’s list price is not necessarily the estimated value of the item.
- TAX TREATMENT OF CONTRIBUTION: The contributor shall be responsible for determining the value of the donation for purposes of determining federal tax treatment of its item to the NBAA Silent Auction.
- UNRESTRICTED USE OF PROCEEDS: Proceeds of the auction from each item shall be available to NBAA, on an unrestricted basis, for use in furthering the purposes of NBAA pursuant to its bylaws.
Any person who attends an NBAA convention, conference, seminar or other program grants permission to NBAA, its employees and agents (collectively "NBAA") to record his or her visual/audio images, including, but not limited to, photographs, digital images, voices, sound or video recordings, audio clips, or accompanying written descriptions, and, without notifying such person, to use his or her name and such images for any purpose of NBAA, including advertisements for NBAA and its programs.