- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
- 7:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
- Registration & Complimentary Continental Breakfast
- 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Exhibits and Static Display of Aircraft
- 9:30 am – 10:15 am
- Thinking Strategically About Your Aircraft Acquisition
Presented by Ed Kammerer, Hinckley, Allen & Snyder LLP and Jeff Agur, The Van Allen Group
From the development of an acquisition plan, to the aircraft needs analysis and evaluation of ownership structure options, hear from seasoned aviation advisors on the key elements to a successful aircraft acquisition. During this Session, attendees will learn how to:
- Develop an aircraft acquisition plan and assemble a strong team of advisors
- Evaluate ownership structures in light of key tax and regulatory issues
- Utilize resources to perform an analysis of aircraft ownership costs and evaluate other financial considerations
- 10:30 a.m. – 11:15 a.m.
- Business Aviation: A View from Washington, DC
Presented by Ed Bolen, NBAA
- 11:30 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
Key Considerations When Hiring or Switching Aircraft Management Companies
Presented by Keith Swirsky, GKG Law
Making the decision to hire a management company or switch to a different firm presents numerous tax, regulatory and operational challenges. During this session attendees will learn how to:
- Evaluate the federal income tax implications of chartering your aircraft to the public
- Understand the current IRS enforcement position on federal excise taxes
- Apply lessons learned when structuring contract documentation with management companies
- 12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- 12:45 p.m. – 1:45 p.m.
Presented by Jim McClay, NBAA Air Traffic Services
In development for over a year, FileSmart is an educational initiative designed to encourage operators to be more aware of what is happening in the airspace around them and to demonstrate how to be proactive in the filing of flights plans, with the goal of reducing delays and increasing efficiency. During this session, attendees will learn the importance of:
- Filing early, which means filing their flight plans well in advance of their flights
- Filing accurately, which means filing an appropriate departure time, an appropriate route, and using the correct format
- Checking the NAS - which means using readily available online resources to know what is happening in the National Airspace System in advance of their flight
- 2:00 p.m. – 2:45 p.m.
Safety Culture Trends in Business Aviation
Presented by Steve Witowski, PRISM
Results from twelve recent surveys have provided new and compelling insights into the safety perceptions and attitudes in the business aviation industry. During this session attendees will learn how to:
- Utilize the survey results to develop an accurate and unique picture of prevailing safety perceptions and attitudes
- Apply feedback from the survey to continue developing a strong safety culture in business aviation
- Gain an increased understanding of common safety perceptions from an employee’s perspective
Any person who attends an NBAA convention, conference, seminar or other program grants permission to NBAA, its employees and agents (collectively "NBAA") to record his or her visual/audio images, including, but not limited to, photographs, digital images, voices, sound or video recordings, audio clips, or accompanying written descriptions, and, without notifying such person, to use his or her name and such images for any purpose of NBAA, including advertisements for NBAA and its programs.