- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
- 7:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
- Registration & Complimentary Continental Breakfast
- 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Exhibits and Static Display of Aircraft
- 9:30 am – 10:15 am
- Federal Excise Tax Issues for Management Companies
Presented by John Hoover, Dow Lohnes
Auditors from the IRS have become more aggressive in their audits of aircraft management companies and charter operators, sometimes assessing FET on owner flights conducted under Part 91 in managed aircraft. During this Session, Attendees will learn how to:
- Understand IRS guidance on potential application of FET to management agreements;
- Take steps to mitigate potential audit risks; and
- Utilize best practices in structuring aircraft management agreements to deal with FET concerns.
- 10:30 a.m. – 11:15 a.m.
- General Session: Challenges and Opportunities for Business Aviation
Presented by Lisa Piccione, NBAA
- 11:30 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
Aviation Insurance Lessons Through the School of Hard Knocks
Presented by Stuart Hope, Hope Aviation Insurance
Through a review of actual aircraft accidents, operators will learn about the primary aviation risk factors and multiple insurance coverage parts triggered after a loss. During this session attendees will learn how to:
- Understand the primary aircraft insurance coverage parts and what they actually cover;
- Utilize information on actual accidents to reduce potential risks; and
- Prepare for insurance related issues that occur after a loss.
- 12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- 12:45 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Best Practices for Transitioning from Paper to Digital Charts
Session Sponsor: Jeppesen Aviation
Presented by Christopher Kiley, Jeppesen
The switch to digital charting is moving full speed ahead. Today, operators have an ever increasing array of hardware and software options to make the transition. Will your flight operation be left behind? During this Session, Attendees will learn how to:
- Understand the FAA regulations pertaining to the use of digital charts;
- Select a digital charting solution that best complements your aircraft’s avionics; and
- Safely make the transition to a paperless environment on the flight deck
- 2:00 p.m. – 2:45 p.m.
- Aviation Asset Management
Presented by Mike and Don Dwyer, Guardian Jet
Whether you have one aircraft or a large fleet, this session will demonstrate the impact of various replacement scenarios on the life cycle cost of aircraft ownership. Learn how to measure, analyze, and report data to better understand your ownership options. During this session, Attendees will learn how to:
- Develop an optimum aircraft ownership interval;
- Analyze and report data to support aircraft ownership; and
- Implement proactive fleet planning strategies to plan for aircraft replacement.
Any person who attends an NBAA convention, conference, seminar or other program grants permission to NBAA, its employees and agents (collectively "NBAA") to record his or her visual/audio images, including, but not limited to, photographs, digital images, voices, sound or video recordings, audio clips, or accompanying written descriptions, and, without notifying such person, to use his or her name and such images for any purpose of NBAA, including advertisements for NBAA and its programs.