- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
- 7:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
- Registration & Complimentary Continental Breakfast
- 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Exhibits and Static Display of Aircraft
- 9:30 am – 10:15 am
- Ensuring the Highest Resale Value of Your Business Aircraft
Presented by Jeremy R.C. Cox, JetBrokers, Inc.
With a challenging pre-owned aircraft market, selecting the right avionics and equipment upgrades can make your aircraft stand out to potential buyers. Decisions related to maintenance and the overall care of the aircraft also impact resale value. During this Session, Attendees will learn how to:
- Implement strategies to maintain the future resale value of business aircraft;
- Understand the impact avionics and other equipment upgrades will have on resale value; and
- Review current trends in the pre-owned business aircraft market
- 10:30 a.m. – 11:15 a.m.
- General Session: Challenges and Opportunities for Business Aviation
Presented by Lisa Piccione, NBAA
- 11:30 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
Workers Compensation Safety and Loss Control Practices for Aviation Operations
Presented by Craig Benn, Phoenix Aviation Managers, Inc.
Safety and loss control practices for workers' compensation risk exposures should be an essential part of any aviation operation. The main goal of a workers' compensation safety program is to avoid or reduce repetitive accidents. During this Session, Attendees will learn how to:
- Prevent workers' compensation related accidents by developing sound safety and loss control fundamentals;
- Understand key OSHA compliance standards; and
- Utilize Safety Management System (SMS) tools to reduce risk
- 12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- 12:45 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Best Practices for Transitioning from Paper to Digital Charts
Presented by Mike Abbott, Jeppesen
Session Sponsored By: Jeppesen Aviation
The switch to digital charting is moving full speed ahead. Today, operators have an ever increasing array of hardware and software options to make the transition. Will your flight operation be left behind? During this Session, Attendees will learn how to:
- Understand the FAA regulations pertaining to the use of digital charts;
- Select a digital charting solution that best complements your aircraft’s avionics; and
- Safely make the transition to a paperless environment on the flight deck
- 2:00 p.m. – 2:45 p.m.
- Runway Safety: The Start and Finish of a Successful Business Flight
Presented by Dan Cilli, FAA
Safe, efficient and successful flights start and conclude with safe ground operations. Through training, education and heightened awareness along with improvements in airport signage, lighting and markings, and new technology, FAA continually endeavors to provide the tools necessary to optimize runway safety. During this session, Attendees will learn how to:
- Understand Runway Status Lights: Where they are located, how they work and what they mean;
- Increase awareness of potential safety hazards on the airport; and
- Utilize lessons learned from past runway excursions to improve safety
Any person who attends an NBAA convention, conference, seminar or other program grants permission to NBAA, its employees and agents (collectively "NBAA") to record his or her visual/audio images, including, but not limited to, photographs, digital images, voices, sound or video recordings, audio clips, or accompanying written descriptions, and, without notifying such person, to use his or her name and such images for any purpose of NBAA, including advertisements for NBAA and its programs.